• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do i file?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lo1263

ok, do I need to file some sort of request for release of the bond?

R

rrg956

Your post says nothing about what State you're in or what kind of bond you're talking about but "yes" it's a generally accepted standard that you must request a release of a bond from a court usually in the form of a Motion. It doesn't have to be fancy. It should include the Court name, the case number, the reason you believe you are entitled to a release of the bond, and a formal request for the release of the bond. Sign it, Date it and go file it with the clerk of the court. If no one objects and there's no other statutory issues for the court to consider, your Motion is granted and your bond is released.

BE ADVISED THAT I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY NOR MAY THE FOREGOING BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">