• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I have a case? clerk negligence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

taotao

What is the name of your state? GA

My wife was student at GSU from 2000 to August 2001 as an international student and covered with school's insurance policy for internation students.

she went back to same school at August, 2003. and her status change to be permanent resident. she won't be able to buy insurance from school at first semester due to that. after talk to international student office, they put her back on the plan starting this spring. all the premium are paid with other fees due at start of spring semester. but we never get insurance card and other stuff. insurance co said school haven't send over the list of people who enroll in this semester. and school said they are upgrading their computer system, we can see doctor in meantime, just call them to verify.

Now she is pregnant, and we need to see doctors. school said she is not eligible since she is not an international student anymore. and they are give us refund for premium.

My questions:

Who should be responsible for school's negligence? if she is not eligible, why don't tell her in first place? we called them several times and they all said she is covered.

we have receipt showing all the premium are paid. and witness that can confirm that they told us she is covered.

what is our options here? thanks for advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">