• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have a case for medical negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allissa2dope

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California was admitted for a subsets genitive Nov 2017,had emergency surgery, woke up with 200 staples in scalp. Was released after a week with an app to remove staples, they sent me home knowing I was homeless with no wound care instruction and no antibiotics. Went to have staples removed and told Dr about swelling I was having at wound site, he removed staples and told me I could wash hair and gave me a follow up soon for May 2018.in the following weeks swelling got worse. I called Dr office several times and got no help. Finally on Feb 10 2018 I went to emergency room and was admitted and had surgery to remove and discard bone flap on right side of skull. I now must stay in hospital for 6 weeks and have more surgery in future to replace bone flap. I feel the first Dr was negligent for releasing me too soon knowing I was homeless with no aftercare or antibiotic, do I have a case?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California was admitted for a subsets genitive(?)Nov 2017,had emergency surgery, woke up with 200 staples in scalp. Was released after a week with an app to remove staples, they sent me home knowing I was homeless with no wound care instruction and no antibiotics. Went to have staples removed and told Dr about swelling I was having at wound site, he removed staples and told me I could wash hair and gave me a follow up soon for May 2018.in the following weeks swelling got worse. I called Dr office several times and got no help. Finally on Feb 10 2018 I went to emergency room and was admitted and had surgery to remove and discard bone flap on right side of skull. I now must stay in hospital for 6 weeks and have more surgery in future to replace bone flap. I feel the first Dr was negligent for releasing me too soon knowing I was homeless with no aftercare or antibiotic, do I have a case?
Your living conditions do not factor into a finding of negligence by the doctor.

Last edited:

allissa2dope

Do i have a case

Was admitted to hospital for emergency surgery for a subsets genitive after a fall. Woke up with 200staples in scalp, they kept me in hospital for S week and released me knowing I was homeless with no wound care instruction or antibiotics and an app to have staples removed two weeks later. Went to spot, told Dr about swelling I was having at wound site, he removed staples and gave me spot for May 2018.In the weeks that followed I called Dr office to report swelling was getting worse no one would help me. In the following weeks although I didn't feel sick swelling continued until Feb 10,pus started seeping out if head so I went to emergency room was admitted and had emergency craniectomy where they removed and discarded the bone flap because infection was so bad. I am now in hospital for at least 6 weeks and require more surgery in future to replace prosthetic bone flap.
I feel the first Dr was negligent by sending a homeless person home to soon without proper aftercare or antibiotics, do I have a case?

Just Blue

Was admitted to hospital for emergency surgery for a subsets genitive after a fall. Woke up with 200staples in scalp, they kept me in hospital for S week and released me knowing I was homeless with no wound care instruction or antibiotics and an app to have staples removed two weeks later. Went to spot, told Dr about swelling I was having at wound site, he removed staples and gave me spot for May 2018.In the weeks that followed I called Dr office to report swelling was getting worse no one would help me. In the following weeks although I didn't feel sick swelling continued until Feb 10,pus started seeping out if head so I went to emergency room was admitted and had emergency craniectomy where they removed and discarded the bone flap because infection was so bad. I am now in hospital for at least 6 weeks and require more surgery in future to replace prosthetic bone flap.
I feel the first Dr was negligent by sending a homeless person home to soon without proper aftercare or antibiotics, do I have a case?
Please define "homeless" ...ie...were you living in a box under a bridge or were just sofa sleeping at random homes?

quincy

I see no malpractice in what you have said. If you experienced problems after release or needed free antibiotics, you needed to seek out medical treatment, perhaps from a free clinic or a return to the ER.

What medically is "subsets genitive?"

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
The hospital is not there to provide you housing. And specifically the emergency room (ER) is not there for anything other than treating the emergency problem that brought you into the ER in the first place. What the doctor needed to do was give you the treatment for what brought you in and provide you with instructions for what you need to do to follow-up from there. If the doctor failed to prescribe medication that would ordinarily be given in that circumstance or otherwise failed to advise you of the care you you should get after you are discharged you might have a malpractice claim. The only way to determine that is to have your medical records reviewed by a medical malpractice attorney. It’s not something you can resolve on an internet message board. So once you get the treatment for this all done go and see a medical malpractice laweyr.

Just Blue

I see no malpractice in what you have said. If you experienced problems after release or needed free antibiotics, you needed to seek out medical treatment, perhaps from a free clinic or a return to the ER.

What medically is "subsets genitive?"
I wasn't able to find it...

quincy

homeless with a smartphone??? priorities????
Haha. :)

What is considered "poor" in this country would be considered wealthy in others, what with our cell phones, TVs and cars.

Bambi, Alissa is supposedly posting from a hospital room ("I am now in hospital for at least 6 weeks ").

Just Blue

Haha. :)

What is considered "poor" in this country would be considered wealthy in others, what with our cell phones, TVs and cars.

Bambi, Alissa is supposedly posting from a hospital room ("I am now in hospital for at least 6 weeks ").
Yes I know...But hospitals have access to the internet.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
"subsets of cognitive function", perhaps?

As in,

patients who have persistently elevated anticardiolipin antibody titers have a higher incidence of deterioration in certain subsets of cognitive function over time.
(pertaining to lupus in the above example)

quincy

Yes I know...But hospitals have access to the internet.
Perhaps. Not in a patient's room, however. A cell phone is a reasonable assumption.

Because Alissa apparently now is in, and had previously been in, the hospital after surgical treatment for whatever it was that brought her to the ER, an ER doctor is unlikely to be found negligent.

ER doctors are not held to the same standard of care as another physician might be. The role of an ER doctor is not to rule out all possible diagnoses but rather to evaluate and stabilize a patient. Unless the patient's condition warrants immediate hospitalization, an ER doctor will release the patient to the care of his/her own doctor. It is the patient's responsibility to seek follow up care.

Your guess is better than any I can make, CTU. I find "subsets genitive" nowhere.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">