• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have a case ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Johny

Hi !

I would appreciate if someone could tell me if i have a case and where to find a attorney that would like to take it.

I work for a hospital that offers blue cross blue shield insurance, I have worked there for the past seven years, I have always had this type of insurance.

The day after a c-section delivery and transfer of my newborn to another hospital, i was notified by the hospital, that my insurance has been dropped. I have pay stubs showing the premium taken out of my paycheck every week. This is the second time this has happened.
The first time was when i was to have gallbladder surgery. When confronted with this issue they picked it back up and back dated it one month. I was put through an enormous amount of stress due to this.
I would like to know if i have a case. Thank you very much.( I live in east TN.)

Johny

J

Johny

They didnt give a reason and i didnt ask for one.I was too upset for my baby beeing transported to another hospital.

I think its the hospital who drops insurance whenever they want to,since it has happened to another employees also.

I was on maternity leave,doctors ordered bed rest.Premium was coming out of my check and as long as they receive it,why would tehy want to drop insurance.

I will call blue cross and ask some questions

Johny

J

Johny

I called blue cross ,they said its the hospital(employer) who dropped the insurance.Is this legal?
Johny

J

Johny

In this case just for me.They have dropped it for someone else before,when they had to have surgery
Johny

T

toasted

So basically you still in fact have insurance, its just the hospital is saying you do not, correct?

A hospital cannot drop your own insurance, however they can drop a insurance company.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If this is group coverage through your employer, they cannot drop you from the plan because you have a claim. It would be legal for them to drop the entire plan for everyone, but they cannot drop just you without your consent, unless you are no longer eligible under the terms of the insurance contract. In most cases this would be because your hours have been cut or you were out on leave for an extended period of time.

Note: If you were out on medical leave and/or if you were placed on FMLA, they cannot drop your coverage until after your FMLA expires unless you fail to pay your portion of the premium, and even then they need to notify you in advance.

You need to talk to your state insurance commission.

ALawyer

You seem to have your benefits, and no harm seems to have occurred. In that case, damages from "distress" in trying to get your employer to restore the coverage is exceptionally unlikely. Unless you would be foolish enough to pay a lawyer by the hour to pursue a (likely trivial) claim here, I doubt you would find a capable one willing to take it on.

J

Johny

I guess you could say no harm has occured,but it was a lots of stress and imberesing also.
Get tranfered to childrens hospital,office calls and says bill is already 14k how are you gonna pay without insurance,and thats my 3rd day after c-section,38 stiches and sick baby.I have to worry wheather they gonna treat him right and just send him home ,knowing situation

I wonder how can someone sue MC Donalds for getting fat,how can you call that harm.Nobody told you to eat there,you could have hit the gym right after lunch etc.Also bad genetics.Some people get fat some dont,i can it 3 big macs every day and not gain one ounce
Johny

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">