• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jo11775

Do I have a case? update please help

What is the name of your state? Ohio

O.K here's just a quick story. I was married for 12 years. I am now seperated and am living with someone else. My mother and my sister and other members of my extended family do not like the person that I live with or the fact that I divorced. They have made false reports to children services and to the police department about things that are supposed to be happening in my household, all of which are lies. I continue to live with this and it is affecting my children who are 8 and 14yrs of age. How do I stop this? Do I have a legal suit? Please help. Any advice will be appreciated. Feel free to E-mail me also. [email protected]

Last edited:

seniorjudge

The general rule is that fales reports made to law enforcement folks cannot be used for a defamation suit.

However, you may want to report these rascals to the cops for making false reports (which is a crime).

seniorjudge

Q: by reporting these people to the cops.....what will they (cops)be able to do?

A: I don't know; the cops will perhaps investigate them for filing false police reports.

jo11775

update: Do I have a case?

This is an update on what is happening to me now. I have a 3rd cousin who up until three days ago, was staying with me in my home. This person is a boy 19 years of age. He has been in detention centers most of his teen years for things like truancy and stealing and drugs. In my opinion this was partly due to his mothers lack of caring and the fact that his parents divorced. He hung with the wrong crowds in our small town. He was released out of a facility in April with no where to go. Both his mother and father have remarried and have other children, so he basically got pushed to the side with no where to go. I agreed to help him get straightened around, get his liscense, GED and job...well of course my family didn't think this was a good idea since he was "a trouble maker" now remember these are the same family members that I have been arguing with. He started staying with me the end of may. He has learned alot and helps me out quit a bit. He is working on his GED ...he got his permit and also a job while with me. He has been drug free...his Parole officer said it was in his best interest to stay with me and continue the good work . That was up until last week when he recieved a call from his p. officer telling him he had had a complaint and that he should leave. Well when we figured out what the problem was...it was clear that it was again my family. My mother and sister called the parole officer and the children services and stated that the only reason that he was staying here was to have sexual relations with my 14 year old daughter. I could not believe this. now what do I do?. There is absolutely nothing like this going on in my home!!! He and my daughter have become more like brother and sister. So now he has had to leave...the only place that he has left to stay is in a trailer beside his great aunt and uncle which has no furniture...and he has no way to work. This has caused sever stress on me and my daughter. Is there anything that Him or I can do to stop all this crap from happening? I'm sorry for my grammer....just a little shook up :confused: Please help p.s we have not talked with my mother or sister for almost 6 months and neither of them have been to my home since he has been here so how could they possibably know what is going on in my home? :mad:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">