• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pagergal

What is the name of your state?Arizona
I went to the podiatrist to have my foot looked at because I had a hard lump on the side where my little toes is. He told me he could remove it and reset my toe and so it would not come back again. I was happy for that because I was having a hard time wearing my shoes anymore. I had the surgery and was told I could walk out of the SurgiCenter after the operation. So my daughter took me home with my instructions that stated use ice 30 mins on and off for two days and I could change the dressing if it looked dirty. Well 3 days later the dressing was soaked with blood and my sister is a RN so I called her over to help me and I told her the pain was really bad in the foot. She helped me change the dressing and told me she did not like the looks of the foot and to call the doctor in the morning this was Sunday. So on Monday morning I called the doctor and was told he was on vacation but the message would be related to one of the other doctors in the office. About 6 hours later they called back and told me they called in Antibiotics and for me to take them. About 1 hour later I was called back from the office and was told the doctor changed his mind and wanted to see my foot. So I went there and was told I did not have a fever and to keep taking the antibiotics until Tuesday and they would call me in the morning to see how I was doing but to also come in Tuesday at 4:30 so they could see the foot again. When I went in again I was told to go straight to the hospital emergency room and have myself admitted.
I did this and was told I had Celluitus and was put on a strong dose of antibiotics thru iv's and saw a new infectiouse disease doctor at the same time. They called my doctors office for three days trying to get one of them into the hospital to deal with my foot because they were afraid the swelling was going to rip the stitches out. They finally called back and told the doctors at the hospital that they did not work out of that hospital and could not come there....That is where they sent me I did not choose that Hospital... On the 4th day a new doctor came in and did surgery and had to remove two bones in my foot because I had a bacterial infection in my foot. And the bones were soft. Now I am home and on iv therapy for 6 weeks 24 hours a day. As I read about bacterial infections they are from something not cleaned properly or something put into the foot that was not contaminated. I went to a surgacenter where you are not allowed to be ill to get surgery.. This is outpatient surgeries there and minor things. My life has changed alot now I owe large medical bills and am seeing three doctors a week at 30.00 each and a would nurse at my house with a iv nurse also. Does this sould like I should have to pay all these bills or should the doctor and the surgicenter be help accountable?

Thank you
Tammy

n_and

I have cellulite...

I'm suing the devil. I feel God has signed off on all liability since I'm Catholic.

janedoe23

n_and said:
I have cellulite...

I'm suing the devil. I feel God has signed off on all liability since I'm Catholic.
Thanks for sharing with us that info but you do know that cellulitis and cellulite are two different things. :rolleyes: You can't be dumb and sarcastic at the same time.

rmet4nzkx

n_and said:
I have cellulite...
This isn't funny, celluitus or cellulitis is an infection of the skin and tissue underneath, it can be a serious matter and not your reference to your lumpy thunder thighs. You can't blame God for Cellulite, you can blame too many hot fudge sundays.

rmet4nzkx

pagergal said:
What is the name of your state?Arizona
I went to the podiatrist to have my foot looked at because I had a hard lump on the side where my little toes is. He told me he could remove it and reset my toe and so it would not come back again. I was happy for that because I was having a hard time wearing my shoes anymore. I had the surgery and was told I could walk out of the SurgiCenter after the operation. So my daughter took me home with my instructions that stated use ice 30 mins on and off for two days and I could change the dressing if it looked dirty. Well 3 days later the dressing was soaked with blood and my sister is a RN so I called her over to help me and I told her the pain was really bad in the foot. She helped me change the dressing and told me she did not like the looks of the foot and to call the doctor in the morning this was Sunday. So on Monday morning I called the doctor and was told he was on vacation but the message would be related to one of the other doctors in the office. About 6 hours later they called back and told me they called in Antibiotics and for me to take them. About 1 hour later I was called back from the office and was told the doctor changed his mind and wanted to see my foot. So I went there and was told I did not have a fever and to keep taking the antibiotics until Tuesday and they would call me in the morning to see how I was doing but to also come in Tuesday at 4:30 so they could see the foot again. When I went in again I was told to go straight to the hospital emergency room and have myself admitted.
I did this and was told I had Celluitus and was put on a strong dose of antibiotics thru iv's and saw a new infectiouse disease doctor at the same time. They called my doctors office for three days trying to get one of them into the hospital to deal with my foot because they were afraid the swelling was going to rip the stitches out. They finally called back and told the doctors at the hospital that they did not work out of that hospital and could not come there....That is where they sent me I did not choose that Hospital... On the 4th day a new doctor came in and did surgery and had to remove two bones in my foot because I had a bacterial infection in my foot. And the bones were soft. Now I am home and on iv therapy for 6 weeks 24 hours a day. As I read about bacterial infections they are from something not cleaned properly or something put into the foot that was not contaminated. I went to a surgacenter where you are not allowed to be ill to get surgery.. This is outpatient surgeries there and minor things. My life has changed alot now I owe large medical bills and am seeing three doctors a week at 30.00 each and a would nurse at my house with a iv nurse also. Does this sould like I should have to pay all these bills or should the doctor and the surgicenter be help accountable?

Thank you
Tammy
Tammy,
It sounds like you may not have changed the dressing soon enough, unfortunately you can get these infections anywhere and the surgery merely provides an opportunity for the infection to take hold. But your sister also thought it could wait until the next day? Are you diabetic by any chance?

pagergal

rmet4nzkx said:
Tammy,
It sounds like you may not have changed the dressing soon enough, unfortunately you can get these infections anywhere and the surgery merely provides an opportunity for the infection to take hold. But your sister also thought it could wait until the next day? Are you diabetic by any chance?
I understand what you are saying but I forgot to tell that the doctor focal point was why did you change the dressing? My sister did not think it should wait she wanted to take me then but I was the stubborn one that would not go. On other thing was the fill in doctor said in his notes he found a cathedor in the dressing why would a cath be in the dressing?

Tammy

pagergal

pagergal said:
I understand what you are saying but I forgot to tell that the doctor focal point was why did you change the dressing? My sister did not think it should wait she wanted to take me then but I was the stubborn one that would not go. On other thing was the fill in doctor said in his notes he found a cathedor in the dressing why would a cath be in the dressing?

Tammy

Oh and sorry once again No I am not diabetic and was in great health when I went in. But I did want to thank all that responded to the celluite comment I am very sick and I guess a little taken back by that comment. Today I had to have a nurse rush here because of my potassium levels going to high and now I am on my way to the emergency room to get some treatment of a liquid they say tastes like carmel to lower that and keep me from having a heart attack they say.

Thank you again
Tammy

n_and

it's a joke. Take it.

cellulite: lumpy fat

WELL AWARE OF IT.

Some of us have watched this go from a good advice site to a flipping joke. Some of us make the most of this joke.

Like me for instance.

I'm not going anywhere, so either follow me and my sarcastic ass"ole self around, or put me on your ignore list.

Have a nice night. :D

rmet4nzkx

n_and said:
it's a joke. Take it.

WELL AWARE OF IT.

Some of us have watched this go from a good advice site to a flipping joke. Some of us make the most of this joke.

Like me for instance.

I'm not going anywhere, so either follow me and my sarcastic ass"ole self around, or put me on your ignore list.

Your joke was totally uncalled for and inappropriate in response to a serious question. GO find a thread that IAAL has responded to and please don't honor us with your humor in this forum. :mad:

Just Blue

n_and said:
it's a joke. Take it.

WELL AWARE OF IT.

Like me for instance.

Let me guess...hummmm...New Hampshire! Right?

See An Attorney!

Tammy...
You need to sit down, make NOTES of all that has happened, and put down DETAILS.
Nearly 8 yrs ago I had a SIMPLE SURGICAL procedure on both feet.. The surgery was NOT for cosmetic purposes, but due to pain. The Dr. (BUTCHER) was in Florida. I now live in Az.
I nearly lost my left foot to bone infection. The Dr. was extremely negligent. This Dr. completely ignored my requests for help, to a point where I ended up with Staph infection, Mersa (<~~not sure if that is spelled right) and osteomylitus.. The hospital and Dr's saved my left foot, but I have been through 7 yrs, now going on 8 yrs, of surgeries having both feet rebuilt! It sucks.. The Dr? He got away with it, because the attorney held the case too long.. I spend 3-6 mo's of every year in a wheelchair while healing.
You really need to keep a close eye on your health issues, and get a GOOD attorney immediately! At least find out who is at fault here..
The Dr. in Fl has butchered another ladies feet since my surgery, in fact it was within the following year! She has a case against him in court now. Hopefully SOMEONE will be able to stop this butcher..
As for anyone that would make fun of this situation, all I can say is you will reap what you sow.. This is not funny in any way, shape or form. :mad:

Sincerely,
K~Walkssoftly :(

panzertanker

pagergal said:
Oh and sorry once again No I am not diabetic and was in great health when I went in. But I did want to thank all that responded to the celluite comment I am very sick and I guess a little taken back by that comment. Today I had to have a nurse rush here because of my potassium levels going to high and now I am on my way to the emergency room to get some treatment of a liquid they say tastes like carmel to lower that and keep me from having a heart attack they say.

Thank you again
Tammy
Me thinks this OP should be chalked up in the "research project" file....

I despise being used for homework...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">