• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Here's my story. I was involved in an affair w/ my pastor for about eight months. Yes, I did consent to it. At the time, my mother had just been diagnosed w/ Alzheimers, my husband was traveling a lot and our marriage wasn't so great, and I had just quit my job to stay home w/ our children.

He did try and end it several times but kept coming back. I was very drawn in by him. I was wrecked w/ guilt and was extremely depressed. Went to counseling and ended up on anti-depressants.

Husband found an email and I told him everything. Pastor got a leave from church and is required to go to counseling.

Since this has come out, I have had about 8 girls come forward w/ inappropriate behavior from him as well which includes vulgar propostitions, kissing, and fondling. Some of the girls quit going to church there until after he left.

I also found out that he left his previous church because of an "alleged affair". When I asked the church authorities if there was anything on his record they said he was clean as a whistle.

I want to sue the pastor and the church. I do feel victimized by this creep. Do I have a case?



Unless you were a minor at the time of the affair I can't think of a single crime that the pastor committed with you; he didn't force you to start the affair if you consented so there's no sexual crime in this situation. As for the other "girls" he was hitting on if they were minors and he did initiate inappropriate sexual contact, they or their parents could file a criminal complaint but you don't have the standing to do so. You probably do feel hurt and angry; I would suggest you seek some counseling to get over this guy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential