• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a good case to sue my ex roommate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alli101

WI< my ex roommate and I left off on bad terms due to personal life choices.The apartment complex sent our security deposit to her new home with both of our names on it. When we moved in we both paid half. when I knew it was sent to her I contacted her to mail me my half and she agreed to it. I waited a month and never received anything from her. she I contacted her again she told me that she sent it and got a little hostel with me for asking. I waited three weeks after that and still got nothing from her in the mail. so I contacted her once again and she proceeded to tell me that she would go to the post office and see what they and would be mad if something happened because she sent the amount owed in all cash. and she is now saying that its not her problem that i never got it and that I shouldn't have asked for it in the mail. I never asked for her to send cash. I feel she is still responsible for paying me my money. Do I have a good case?

HRZ

Sue her...even if 7 Saints stood and watched her put an envelope in the mail ...she failed to get you the money and so far none of the Saints are available to testify as to what was in the envelope....major potential credibility gap.

BTW just how was the check made out....was it Mary Smith AND Sally Evans ...if so just how did she get the second signature on the check?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">