• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have a Injury Suit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Please anyone that can help on this matter can email me! [email protected]. I want advice before actually trying to go to a lawyer and making myself look like an idiot or somthing!!

Ok here is the situation! I was at this gas station and i had an accident! I tripped over the concrete sidewalk that starts small and gets bigger for handicapped people to use their chairs on! I had to go onto it cause my mom needed her tire aired up and the air pump was right there! I must have misjudged the depth of the concrete and i fell and sprained my knee, hit my head on the concrete wall head and sprained my neck.
I had my mom tell them what happened and they said that they could call the paramedics so that i could get treatment! I refused cause my mother was capable of driving me to the hospital and i didnt want the expense of a ambulance ride! So i went and they told me that nothing was broken(they did xrays) and that i had a sprained knee, cervical sprain and a head contusion! Then sent me home with ibufrofin! That is IT!! Well it has been 2 weeks and i am still suffering with knee, neck and shoulder pain! My head is fine but my neck and shoulders cramp up on me if i do ANYTHING (all i can do is sit around and do nothing!) and my knee has shooting pains here and there! I got to go to my physician here in a few days! Even sitting here writing all this is really starting to bother me! (off i go to take the worthless Ibufrofin!) What i am wanting to know is if i have to end up seeing a bone doctor cause of my knee and have to have something else done with my neck and shoulders, and this gets worse do you think i would have a law suit against the place where i tripped? I know nothing about all this stuff and i am the one that tripped but yet everyone keeps saying to sue them! How can i sue a place just cause i tripped on their property? I mean is that possible? This has caused me alot of pain and suffering and has kept me from doing the things i need to do as a mother and wife!! ANyone??????????
ps. the station took down my name address and phone number. I was told by the hospital that i should have filed a police report. Is that true?
If it is should i still do that?



Well, if you misjudged the concrete, you might not be able to recover damages. But if they were somehow negligent (poor lighting, broken concrete, etc.) Then it may be a valid case

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential