• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a lawsuit??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

If my picture and name is put on a bulletin board of theives at my workplace yet, I still work there.. The store manager is singling me out. She doesn't have any respect for me.she doesn't even look at me when we speak. She is talking to other co-workers about me. She told me to stop calling the store snd coming in after I did my application. I talked to a gentleman about it one day and the next day I had a job interview. She has been very rude to me every since. I feel singled out! I feel humiliated and disrespected. Why would they want a "thief" to work for their store?? Now everyone in the store is talking about my picture on the wall!!

quincy

If my picture and name is put on a bulletin board of theives at my workplace yet, I still work there.. The store manager is singling me out. She doesn't have any respect for me.she doesn't even look at me when we speak. She is talking to other co-workers about me. She told me to stop calling the store snd coming in after I did my application. I talked to a gentleman about it one day and the next day I had a job interview. She has been very rude to me every since. I feel singled out! I feel humiliated and disrespected. Why would they want a "thief" to work for their store?? Now everyone in the store is talking about my picture on the wall!!
What is the name of your state?

My boss in the Deli gave me permission to take the food items. She was just demoted a week ago and had to step down. They are only working me two days a week now. I have two kids. One is three and the second born is only one. How can I afford to pay for anything!? My last two checks have only been $50. We have had a new Deli boss for two weeks now maybe and I have already turned him in 3 times. The first day he met me he asked if I was on drugs? He asked where do I get my drugs!? He asked how can I come to work on so many drugs? Its only me that he's doing this to. My ex deli boss out in for a transfer to a new department that's how bad it is and she is willing to speak on my behalf. I feel picked on and it's not right.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As soon as your old boss, who gave you permission to take food items, was demoted, you no longer had permission to take anything. Until or unless you get new permission from your current boss, you cannot take food items home with you.

Was she promoted for allowing employees to take food items without paying for them?
No if that was the case she would have been demoted a long time ago. I think it was scheduling issues so now she is switching departments and will no longer be in the deli.

quincy

Have you asked the manager to remove your picture from the "wall of thieves," telling the manager how it is affecting your reputation in the workplace?

If you were given permission to take food items from the deli by your deli supervisor, you did not knowingly steal the food items - although if the deli supervisor exceeded his/her authority by letting you take food items, both you and the supervisor are technically thieves.

I think the store manager is wrong to call you a thief based on what you describe, however, and certainly wrong to publicly shame you.

I recommend you find another job - one that permits you to work more hours and one where you will be treated with more respect.

Good luck.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
This was way before the new boss. Follow the thread...
We've been following the thread.

You omitted potentially relevant information.

I say "potentially" because you are vague on the timeline.

Was the picture with your name put on the bulletin board before or after your former supervisor gave you permission "take food items"? You did not indicate this. You did not indicate why - were they items that were no longer salable, for example, and going to be thrown out, for example?

We're not there.
We're not mind readers.
We only know what you tell us, and try to fill in the gaps the best we can.

I do not think the store manager is being wise, but you are not making it easy to offer help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">