• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DO I HAVE A SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HADES? NUMBER 1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody, I am here to explain the situation with my landlord. I had only been living here 1 year when I found the house and so I didn't know the laws then about landlord responsibility and I was so excited that I was going to be purchasing my own home for the first time ever that I rushed into it. I ADMIT THAT WITH MY WHOLE HEART. This man took advantage of those facts and really screwed me. Anyway, here it is step by step in chronilogical order starting with the couple that was purchasing the house before me. It is necessary to include their situation, too because it affects mine. It will all make sense as you read the whole story, I promise. First, let me say that my landlord is a Trustee and the property is part of that trust, but I wasn't told that until about 6 months after I entered into the agreements. I am going to have to break this up into sections to post it because it's way over 1000 characters so I will number the sections in my question titles to make it easier to follow.

1. In September 2006, the couple I was referring to entered a sales contract with my landlord for the property under an owner finance mortgage.
2. In October 2019, they defaulted and instead of having a foreclosure on their record, decided to convey the property back to my landlord using an Estoppel Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure Contract, which made them the "Grantors" and my landlord the "Grantee" in the conveyance. The Contract had a clause in it that specifically states that the "Grantee" (my landlord) would not be deemed to have accepted the conveyance of the property back to him until he also signed the contract and had it recorded by the clerk in the county wherein the property is located, (Remember this, it will be important in a minute).

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your subsequent threads (why did you start new threads) are way too long. Find a way to distill the information you are presenting to something succinct and then ask your question(s) here.

Your subsequent threads (why did you start new threads) are way too long. Find a way to distill the information you are presenting to something succinct and then ask your question(s) here.
Because I don't know exactly how to ask the question without giving the whole story. Please help me understand how to present this, I am at the end of my rope and noone will help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">