• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a warrant for my arrest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dissociated

Okay, I'm going to need your help, I just searched on a website called XXXXX.org and found a warrant under my name. It gives my first, middle initial and last, my exact age, my town/county/state, my relatives and a "view details" section which you have to pay to view. Upon seeing this, I freaked the hell out, called up a crisis number asking them this, so the lady called up the sheriff's department and told me they couldn't find any warrants out for my arrest. I can't find any info confirming the authenticity of this website, but at the same time I don't know if the sheriff would know that information (or willingly give it) either. Is there any way that I can confirm or dismiss this? Btw my state is South Carolina.

Just Blue

Okay, I'm going to need your help, I just searched on a website called (edited) and found a warrant under my name. It gives my first, middle initial and last, my exact age, my town/county/state, my relatives and a "view details" section which you have to pay to view. Upon seeing this, I freaked the hell out, called up a crisis number asking them this, so the lady called up the sheriff's department and told me they couldn't find any warrants out for my arrest. I can't find any info confirming the authenticity of this website, but at the same time I don't know if the sheriff would know that information (or willingly give it) either. Is there any way that I can confirm or dismiss this? Btw my state is South Carolina.
Commercial links are a violation of the TOS of FreeAdvice.
Your opening post has been reported and Admin will return it to public view once the commercial link is removed.

ETA: Why were you searching that site?

quincy

What you linked to is a private investigator’s website offering information for a fee.

The disclaimer says there is no connection with any government agency. The data is compiled from third party databases. All information is provided “as is” and is not guaranteed for accuracy.

Do you have any reason to think there could be a warrant for your arrest? Have you committed a crime?

You can obtain for free the same information that is offered on that site for a fee, by the way. You do not have to pay for public information.

Last edited:

Dissociated

What you linked to is a private investigator’s website offering information for a fee.

The disclaimer says there is no connection with any government agency. The data is compiled from third party databases. All information is provided “as is” and is not guaranteed for accuracy.

Do you have any reason to think there could be a warrant for your arrest? Have you committed a crime?

You can obtain for free the same information that is offered on that site for a fee, by the way. You do not have to pay for public information.
Which free websites would I have to look through to find accurate results?

quincy

Which free websites would I have to look through to find accurate results?
You have a right to copies of your own criminal records. You can access your own criminal records through your state law enforcement agencies and through the FBI.

Although there will be (minimal) processing fees for accessing these records online, you can request fee waivers. You also can obtain the records through FOI requests at the agencies holding your records. If you want to make copies of these records, copying fees may apply.

https://catch.sled.sc.gov/

https://www.fbi.gov/about/faqs/does-the-fbi-provide-arrest-records-at-the-request-of-private-citizens

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t30c004.php

zddoodah

Apparently your post has been edited to eliminate the name of the website, but it's doubtful that anyone here will have any real info about any such site's credibility.

But let's think about this logically.

What prompted you to search at the site in question? Have you done anything that you think might have resulted in a warrant for your arrest?

It is certainly true that, if a warrant exists, the law enforcement agency that obtained the warrant will know about it, but we have no way of knowing to whom such agency would disclose the information.

quincy

Apparently your post has been edited to eliminate the name of the website, but it's doubtful that anyone here will have any real info about any such site's credibility.

But let's think about this logically.

What prompted you to search at the site in question? Have you done anything that you think might have resulted in a warrant for your arrest?

It is certainly true that, if a warrant exists, the law enforcement agency that obtained the warrant will know about it, but we have no way of knowing to whom such agency would disclose the information.
The website was an advertisement for a private investigator’s pay-for-information service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">