• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have an arrest warrant I don't know about?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hometogether

When the police run a check on your driver's license does it show any outstanding warrants including those not related to driving? Is there a website or police department database that a citizen can access to find out if there is a warrant out?

R

robynz

Im not a professional but I think that outstanding warrants do come up. You can call the police station and ask- oyu don't have to give your name, call from apay phone.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robynz:
Im not a professional but I think that outstanding warrants do come up. You can call the police station and ask- oyu don't have to give your name, call from apay phone. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do not give your name, how will they know who to check ?

R

robynz

I mean call and ask if these things come up when you get stopped or when someone checks on your backround for a job.

G

GAPEACH68

all u have to do is call the jail where u think they might have a warrant on u at give your name and they will tell u if they do.because the min they pull u over and run a check on your name it will come up.

[This message has been edited by GAPEACH68 (edited September 22, 2000).]

C

Crazyforyou

The DMV can check that for you too. When they bring your license up, a note comes up stating that there is a warrant out.

B

bellestar

if you go to the dmv or any place for a warrent check, you will get arrested they are not going to tell you over the phone. take it from me i am a police officer. and yes all outstanding warrents will appear. every now and then one gets by us. now if you really think there may be a warrent out on you and you want to take care of it i suggest you go hire a bail bonds man, and when you go turn yourself in bring him with you so you wont have to stay in jail. this way he can bail you right out. then you will have to go to court and settle the matter there. the more time you wait the longer the worse it will look when you go to court. take care of it other wise you will have this on your back where ever you go.

B

bellestar

if you go to the dmv or any place for a warrent check, you will get arrested they are not going to tell you over the phone. take it from me i am a police officer. and yes all outstanding warrents will appear. every now and then one gets by us. now if you really think there may be a warrent out on you and you want to take care of it i suggest you go hire a bail bonds man, and when you go turn yourself in bring him with you so you wont have to stay in jail. this way he can bail you right out. then you will have to go to court and settle the matter there. the more time you wait the longer the worse it will look when you go to court. take care of it other wise you will have this on your back where ever you go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">