• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have any hope of lawfully staying in this rental unit without making a mess of my TRW report?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eekamouse

I

The authorities told me not to go out and mingle with anyone, not to answer my door to people not aware that I have likely been exposed to covid, as my roommate just died, she was hospitalized in February for COPD and pneumonia, ICU for 3 weeks...so there is question until the coroner releases his report on cause of death. This made me feel like I was a problem outside of my house...damaged. I paid her utilities, mostly in whole, but she already established herself...utility companies will require deposits to start fresh.
And if o was told to self quarantine, both my son and I, how am I going to run around turning in applications?
You have a million excuses but not one of them grants you the right to squat. I hope you are saving your money now because you're going to need it to get into a new place. I don't believe you were told you were likely exposed to covid. That's just another handy excuse.

Eekamouse

I

The authorities told me not to go out and mingle with anyone, not to answer my door to people not aware that I have likely been exposed to covid, as my roommate just died, she was hospitalized in February for COPD and pneumonia, ICU for 3 weeks...so there is question until the coroner releases his report on cause of death. This made me feel like I was a problem outside of my house...damaged. I paid her utilities, mostly in whole, but she already established herself...utility companies will require deposits to start fresh.
And if o was told to self quarantine, both my son and I, how am I going to run around turning in applications?
You have a million excuses but not one of them grants you the right to squat. I hope you are saving your money now because you're going to need it to get into a new place. How long ago did she die?

Eekamouse

I

You haven't been in quarantine this whole time. You could be out looking for a new place but you don't want to. What does paying her utilities "mostly in whole" mean?

whowetalkinbout

You haven't been in quarantine this whole time. You could be out looking for a new place but you don't want to. What does paying her utilities "mostly in whole" mean?
Since she died I have been freeloading on her name...oh, wait, you cannot do that. I pay the utilities.
Before she died I paid for everything but television.
I paid twice as much as her rent payment each month. She was comfortable , financially, given the help received each month with her rent (which was not government subsidized, by the way...but a private charity program).
I have made several attempts to turn in an application with the management company but they will not accept.
My next door neighbor has been getting absolutely XXX with comments and meddling...she told me she wants her friend to live on the property and no one else...I guess she knows the owner???
Fine, she can have it her way...I dont want to live near that kind of neighbor...so the mailman that was holding my mail from me, personally....because neighbor says I dont live here...because he knows my roommate died he put a vacant address note in my box, I have lived here since February and get all of my mail here-until it was held unofficially from me, (illegal on federal level...but has returned to my box since mentioning to my postman...)
Yes, I have been immorally searching for a place to move into-thank you for all of the innuendos that imply I am squatting in a place I had every right to be in. I think a few of the members here cant get over their own egos...because I have been putting money into an escrow account for rent, in full, just in case they suddenly change their position.
They won't, there are two very cute cottages, right downtown in a desert tourist town...so they count rent it out by the weekends and make 3-4 times what they pull in on a monthly basis...if they make the premises a bit more habitable, anyway....
I got my answers from you guys, a few of them, as usual, same sources as always were helpful and lacked insults, thank you.

whowetalkinbout

Since she died I have been freeloading on her name...oh, wait, you cannot do that. I pay the utilities.
Before she died I paid for everything but television.
I paid twice as much as her rent payment each month. She was comfortable , financially, given the help received each month with her rent (which was not government subsidized, by the way...but a private charity program).
I have made several attempts to turn in an application with the management company but they will not accept.
My next door neighbor has been getting absolutely XXX with comments and meddling...she told me she wants her friend to live on the property and no one else...I guess she knows the owner???
Fine, she can have it her way...I dont want to live near that kind of neighbor...so the mailman that was holding my mail from me, personally....because neighbor says I dont live here...because he knows my roommate died he put a vacant address note in my box, I have lived here since February and get all of my mail here-until it was held unofficially from me, (illegal on federal level...but has returned to my box since mentioning to my postman...)
Yes, I have been immorally searching for a place to move into-thank you for all of the innuendos that imply I am squatting in a place I had every right to be in. I think a few of the members here cant get over their own egos...because I have been putting money into an escrow account for rent, in full, just in case they suddenly change their position.
They won't, there are two very cute cottages, right downtown in a desert tourist town...so they count rent it out by the weekends and make 3-4 times what they pull in on a monthly basis...if they make the premises a bit more habitable, anyway....
I got my answers from you guys, a few of them, as usual, same sources as always were helpful and lacked insults, thank you.
For your information, the coroner has not yet issued his report on my roommates cause of death. Should I have any risk of carrying this super killer covid19 ..am I not required to do what authorities have insisted? Am I not obligated to limit my exposure to the outside world? I am in san bernardino county...one of the problem child counties of California...is it not my civic duty to help carry this idea of killer coronavirus disease as far as I can?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your posts have been reported due to you language. Try to act as though you are mature and follow the TOS.

Eekamouse

For your information, the coroner has not yet issued his report on my roommates cause of death. Should I have any risk of carrying this super killer covid19 ..am I not required to do what authorities have insisted? Am I not obligated to limit my exposure to the outside world? I am in san bernardino county...one of the problem child counties of California...is it not my civic duty to help carry this idea of killer coronavirus disease as far as I can?
Yeah but how long can you quarantine before it stops looking like your civic duty and begins looking like a very handy excuse?

whowetalkinbout

You have a million excuses but not one of them grants you the right to squat. I hope you are saving your money now because you're going to need it to get into a new place. I don't believe you were told you were likely exposed to covid. That's just another handy excuse.
So...who cares if it is a handy excuse, because that is exactly what covid has been formulated out-the government has the uncanny ability not to let a crisis go to waste. There are all kinds of messed up rules or restrictions that are in place because of it...making it very difficult to find a place, and all of the price gouging doesnt help. I never really wanted to stay here for a long time...I just would have rather picked up the current monthly rent, without govt subsidy-until this covid thing blew over. I have a 15ye old son that lives with me that hasn't been able to log onto school easily because the cable company shut off internet...after I paid them, of course...because a neighbor called them and told them my roommate died. And closes the account. Like it is her business or right?
They never served me any notices or papers until I got the notice to vacate...in 5 days...and attached to that was a copy of an unlawful detainer summons that was never served...
The case isnt findable on the county superior court case information link. Yet, the notice to vacate premises served by a sheriff indicates I now have an eviction on my record...although I never had option to file and answer to get a day in court...I am blown away.

quincy

So...who cares if it is a handy excuse, because that is exactly what covid has been formulated out-the government has the uncanny ability not to let a crisis go to waste. There are all kinds of messed up rules or restrictions that are in place because of it...making it very difficult to find a place, and all of the price gouging doesnt help. I never really wanted to stay here for a long time...I just would have rather picked up the current monthly rent, without govt subsidy-until this covid thing blew over. I have a 15ye old son that lives with me that hasn't been able to log onto school easily because the cable company shut off internet...after I paid them, of course...because a neighbor called them and told them my roommate died. And closes the account. Like it is her business or right?
They never served me any notices or papers until I got the notice to vacate...in 5 days...and attached to that was a copy of an unlawful detainer summons that was never served...
The case isnt findable on the county superior court case information link. Yet, the notice to vacate premises served by a sheriff indicates I now have an eviction on my record...although I never had option to file and answer to get a day in court...I am blown away.
Have you found a new place to live?

Eekamouse

Well, you were using a dead woman's account to get internet.

reenzz

Squatters are not entitled to the eviction moratorium laws. You are an not a legal tenant and should be treated as such. I can't beleive you haven't found a place since 10/20. Nice job teaching your son how to avoid the laws and live off a dead women's identity. Shame!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">