• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carterstauffer

What is the name of your state? Utah
The terms of the contract were misrepresented to me by the buyers realtor when I signed to sell our home. He said he was legally bound to represent me, but then slipped in an inclusion of the washer and dryer. They belonged to the renters who had already moved out and taken them with them. My father who is joint owner never signed the original. When we both signed at closing, we deleted this inclusion. Will the final contract supercede the original, or can they insist we go and buy a washer and dryer for them. If so what will happen if we refuse.

HomeGuru

carterstauffer said:
The terms of the contract were misrepresented to me by the buyers realtor when I signed to sell our home.

**A: huh? Where is YOUR Realtor?

He said he was legally bound to represent me, but then slipped in an inclusion of the washer and dryer. They belonged to the renters who had already moved out and taken them with them. My father who is joint owner never signed the original. When we both signed at closing, we deleted this inclusion. Will the final contract supercede the original, or can they insist we go and buy a washer and dryer for them. If so what will happen if we refuse.

**A: you owe them laundry appliances.

carterstauffer said:
The terms of the contract were misrepresented to me by the buyers realtor when I signed to sell our home. He said he was legally bound to represent me, but then slipped in an inclusion of the washer and dryer. They belonged to the renters who had already moved out and taken them with them. My father who is joint owner never signed the original. When we both signed at closing, we deleted this inclusion. Will the final contract supercede the original, or can they insist we go and buy a washer and dryer for them. If so what will happen if we refuse.
If a "final contract" ever superceded the original contract in the way you are describing, then I would have chosen to only pay $100,000 for my house or better yet $100. You can't just change the contract at the closing table to how you woul like it read. That's the whole point of having a contract. It is negotiated and you don't have a contract until all parties agree on the terms.

I think it is pretty safe to assume that you did not hire a Realtor to sell your home. You should have listed your house with a Realtor instead of trying to sell it yourself. Can you see how it is causing you problems?

You owe them a washer and dryer.

Even if this other agent "misrepresented" something, you are clearly capable of reading and should have at least looked the contract over before signing it. You would not have missed the part about the buyers getting the washer & dryer if you had read the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">