• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have grounds for Malpractice??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BW Florida

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Florida
I offered to sell my half share of a condo that my Brother and I own to my Brother for $10,000. The Condo is worth $75,000. I offered to sell my Brother my half share or We should Sell it. This has been going on for 1 1/2 years. I hired my Attorney to Force the Sale of the Condo. He has had the case since April 2016 and has made no progress till present Feb. 2017. Finally out of disgust I told my Attorney to offer the Condo to my Brother for $10,000.

My Attorney sends me a Rough Drafted Copy to Edit and make Changes. I send it back to him with My Changes in Red , Yellow and struck out verbiage. I changed 20 day response to my offer to 10 days. Ten days pass and I do not hear from my Attorney. I ask him if he recieved a response he said he will check with my Brothers Attorney. I do not hear anything so I email my Attorney and told my Attorney I do not need him any longer.
One week goes by and I text my Brother to see if he received the offer. He said he did. I strike up a deal to sell the Condo to him for $10,000. Next morning he texts me that his Attorney can't deal with me because My Attorney is still involved with the case even thought I Fired him. I think I have to send My Attorney a Registered Letter to Fire him in the State of Florida?
I tell my Brother I never saw the final copy that my Attorney sent to him. Here COMES the KICKER.

My Brother Emails me the Copy of the offer he was sent. I open it up and there is the Rough Draft COPY I sent to my Attorney in Confidence with all my Corrections and Suggestions in Red, Yellow and Strike Outs.
My Attorney was given a $2,000 Retainer and has billed me an additional $4,000 and has accomplished "0" in 10 months. He was hired to Force the Sale of the Condo because my Brother was being unresponsive to Buy or Sell the Condo and has Locked me out with no key ( He Changed The Lock ).
Based on what my Attorney has done with my rough edited sales offer , Sharing my rough Edited Copy with my Brother's Attorney and my Brother is this grounds for Malpractice on the part of my Attorney?? Should this offer been sent Registered Mail not Email??

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Florida
I offered to sell my half share of a condo that my Brother and I own to my Brother for $10,000. The Condo is worth $75,000. I offered to sell my Brother my half share or We should Sell it. This has been going on for 1 1/2 years. I hired my Attorney to Force the Sale of the Condo. He has had the case since April 2016 and has made no progress till present Feb. 2017. Finally out of disgust I told my Attorney to offer the Condo to my Brother for $10,000.

My Attorney sends me a Rough Drafted Copy to Edit and make Changes. I send it back to him with My Changes in Red , Yellow and struck out verbiage. I changed 20 day response to my offer to 10 days. Ten days pass and I do not hear from my Attorney. I ask him if he recieved a response he said he will check with my Brothers Attorney. I do not hear anything so I email my Attorney and told my Attorney I do not need him any longer.
One week goes by and I text my Brother to see if he received the offer. He said he did. I strike up a deal to sell the Condo to him for $10,000. Next morning he texts me that his Attorney can't deal with me because My Attorney is still involved with the case even thought I Fired him. I think I have to send My Attorney a Registered Letter to Fire him in the State of Florida?
I tell my Brother I never saw the final copy that my Attorney sent to him. Here COMES the KICKER.

My Brother Emails me the Copy of the offer he was sent. I open it up and there is the Rough Draft COPY I sent to my Attorney in Confidence with all my Corrections and Suggestions in Red, Yellow and Strike Outs.
My Attorney was given a $2,000 Retainer and has billed me an additional $4,000 and has accomplished "0" in 10 months. He was hired to Force the Sale of the Condo because my Brother was being unresponsive to Buy or Sell the Condo and has Locked me out with no key ( He Changed The Lock ).
Based on what my Attorney has done with my rough edited sales offer , Sharing my rough Edited Copy with my Brother's Attorney and my Brother is this grounds for Malpractice on the part of my Attorney?? Should this offer been sent Registered Mail not Email??
Please add this to your other related thread, BW Florida.

Here is a link to your other thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/how-do-i-fire-my-attorney-florida-632000.html

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">