• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to continue the bankruptcy????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blizrr

What is the name of your state? California. My lawyer is telling me that the trustee wants to sell my house..that theres too much equity in it....Don't I have any other options???? The trustee has his own realator that i'm sure they split the 6% sale of the house. Would I get any money?? I know that the law will allow me $75,000 credit for my house. Please help..need some solid advise...Blizrr

JETX

blizrr said:
What is the name of your state? California. My lawyer is telling me that the trustee wants to sell my house..that theres too much equity in it....Don't I have any other options???? The trustee has his own realator that i'm sure they split the 6% sale of the house. Would I get any money?? I know that the law will allow me $75,000 credit for my house. Please help..need some solid advise...Blizrr
Of course, no one can answer your questions without reviewing the full petition; however, the answer to your question "Do I have to continue the bankruptcy????" is no. You can file a 'Motion for Voluntary Dismissal".

Ladynred

Yes, you have another option.. redemption. That means you pay the Trustee the amount over the exemption to keep your home. If you can't come up with that kind of money, or a 722 redemtion loan, your only other choice is Ch 13 if you want to keep the house.

gettingup

can you refinance

Ga

are you working you may be able to get a bk buyout loan find a relative to sell the house to and lease purchase it back from them make sure you get a contract if you want it back that is what i am working right now if you need help let me know

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">