• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i need to move washer and dryer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doriana Bercea

What is the name of your state? MA
I am the owner of unit1 in a 2 units condominium. My washer and dryer are located in the exclusive use area of the basement that is allocated to unit2, the second unit in the building. Owners of unit2 asked me to immediately remove them. Both washer and dryer have been in the same location since I purchased my condominium in 2018.
The deed says that each unit excludes "other installations and finishes for the furnishings of utility services or waste removal which are within such unit, but exclusively serves the other unit" and that I should have "right and easement to use". Unit 2 has their own washer and dryer, so mine are exclusively used by members of unit1. Are washer and dryers furnishings for utility services.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
As I told you on another forum...no, a washer and dryer do not furnish utility services. Move your things (the washer and dryer) out of their area.

EDIT: An alternative would be to attempt to negotiate some amount for you to rent the area.

Doriana Bercea

As I told you on another forum...no, a washer and dryer do not furnish utility services. Move your things (the washer and dryer) out of their area.

EDIT: An alternative would be to attempt to negotiate some amount for you to rent the area.

Thank you for your reply!

adjusterjack

Now that I've read all the facts on the other site I agree with the responses. Move your washer and dryer out of #2's space.

quincy

I didn’t see your question on any other site but I agree with the responses you received here. Unless Unit 2 is willing to work out an arrangement with you whereby you, perhaps, rent space from them, your washer and dryer need to be removed.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You bought Unit1 in 2018. Were the current owners of Unit2 already there, or sis they purchase mere recently?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">