• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I still have to pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ponyrider127

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I entered into a agreement for an online appraisal for a motor home.I would send in the link for the the ad of the motor home. The price was 30.00 plus 10.00 for 24 hour turn around.The seller of the motor home agreed to give me 24 hours. On January 14, 7:26 AM I sent in the information.I received back on Jan 16 at 4:58 AM almost 48 hours later. When I looked over the appraisal I realized it had wrong information from the appraiser. I contacted the appraiser January 16, 2019 6:40:14 AM to inform him of the wrong information.They returned a corrected answer on Jan 16 at 8:06 PM. We are now at 60 hours. Do I still have to pay?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
They eventually completed the appraisal. Yes, you have to pay for the appraisal.

You can contest the extra $10 fee for faster service, since they took longer than 24 hours.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I entered into a agreement for an online appraisal for a motor home.I would send in the link for the the ad of the motor home. The price was 30.00 plus 10.00 for 24 hour turn around.The seller of the motor home agreed to give me 24 hours. On January 14, 7:26 AM I sent in the information.I received back on Jan 16 at 4:58 AM almost 48 hours later. When I looked over the appraisal I realized it had wrong information from the appraiser. I contacted the appraiser January 16, 2019 6:40:14 AM to inform him of the wrong information.They returned a corrected answer on Jan 16 at 8:06 PM. We are now at 60 hours. Do I still have to pay?
Did the seller extend the 24-hour time for you?

quincy

Nope, sold it to someone else since I did not have the information.
Ah. That's too bad. You probably should have asked the seller for more than 24 hours originally as a 24-hour appraisal depends on all things going smoothly.

I agree with the others. You owe for the appraisal but can ask for the $10 fee to be waived.

Sponsored Ad