• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I still have to pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ponyrider127

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I entered into a agreement for an online appraisal for a motor home.I would send in the link for the the ad of the motor home. The price was 30.00 plus 10.00 for 24 hour turn around.The seller of the motor home agreed to give me 24 hours. On January 14, 7:26 AM I sent in the information.I received back on Jan 16 at 4:58 AM almost 48 hours later. When I looked over the appraisal I realized it had wrong information from the appraiser. I contacted the appraiser January 16, 2019 6:40:14 AM to inform him of the wrong information.They returned a corrected answer on Jan 16 at 8:06 PM. We are now at 60 hours. Do I still have to pay?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
They eventually completed the appraisal. Yes, you have to pay for the appraisal.

You can contest the extra $10 fee for faster service, since they took longer than 24 hours.

quincy

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I entered into a agreement for an online appraisal for a motor home.I would send in the link for the the ad of the motor home. The price was 30.00 plus 10.00 for 24 hour turn around.The seller of the motor home agreed to give me 24 hours. On January 14, 7:26 AM I sent in the information.I received back on Jan 16 at 4:58 AM almost 48 hours later. When I looked over the appraisal I realized it had wrong information from the appraiser. I contacted the appraiser January 16, 2019 6:40:14 AM to inform him of the wrong information.They returned a corrected answer on Jan 16 at 8:06 PM. We are now at 60 hours. Do I still have to pay?
Did the seller extend the 24-hour time for you?

justalayman

to explain to the op why he still needs to pay the appraiser

If op had not resubmitted the request for the appraisal when he realized appraiser had used incorrect info but instead sought to cancel the contract, he would have likely not owed for,the services*. Due to the fact he corrected the appraiser and continued with seeking the appraisal, he reinforced the the contract and due to that, owes for the basic appraisal.

* the contract would ultimately rule as to whether op had a basis to void the contract at the time and be due a refund.

Of course, since the appraiser did not provide the expedited service op paid for, op would be due a refund of the additional fee for expedited services.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
need not pay as the seller has sent wrong information.
That makes no sense. Did you even READ the original post? If you did, then read it again...slowly. Read the sentences one at a time with an eye toward comprehension of what you are reading.

quincy

need not pay as the seller has sent wrong information.
debora32, the seller was selling a motor home that ponyrider wanted to buy.

The wrong information was used by the appraiser ponyrider hired, causing ponyrider to miss the 24-hour window that the seller gave him for purchase of the motor home.

Legal questions can be difficult enough to answer when you can read and understand English. For a resident of India who is not familiar with the law or the language, it can be darn near impossible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">