• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I sue for the return of monies or am I out of luck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roguegram

Roguegram - did you authorize your LL to give this third party the money to get it to you?
NO! He said in our last convo that he was going to and I emphatically said no. He said nothing about the amount and he got off the phone (hung up)before I could ask. I contacted the person he named to find out he had already given him 300 to give to me. I immediately had my trusted friend pick it up.

FarmerJ

The landlord had no business giving a single dime to anyone but the former tenant wait it out until its been at least 31 or 32 days since you moved out and I if the LL didn't follow your states laws then by all means get your fanny to the clerk of the court in the county that home is in and sue for refund of what you are still owed and your court filing cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">