• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do i we insurance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

klyde

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? wyoming

let me explain! My wife works at a bank! The bank told the employies that there insurance provider was letting go of there small buisness accounts in wyoming. Ok, we did recieve notice from the provider that on may 31 the plan will no longer apply! My wife was told allong with the others that they would already have insurance when the other stopped. The funny , well not so funny thing is they filled out papers to send to other insurance companies for offers of polices over a month and a half ago...now hear is where i cant figure it out! there last check was deducted the same amount for insurance as previous plan?hmmm...ok!what s the providers name? she does not know! when she asks there giving her the run around. I have a medical problem and would like to have the insurance to help! they said to her"just let them bill you and the insurance will pick it up" What insurance? Should we not already have are cards to give to the doctors? Is that legal to take money from checks with no proof that you are insured? I believe they are getting stolen from at this point! If they have no insurance why have money taken out? How should we aproach this situation? ...help......:mad: :confused:

ALawyer

Look, the reality is that many times the paperwork for group insurance policies is not completed until after the coverage begins, sometimes LONG AFTERWARDS. This is not uncommon in the insurance industry, although the length of time it takes is hard to understand unless you've "been there" and even then it makes little sense to most people. In some measure it is due to the fact that the insurance industry is highly beauracratic and inefficient.

But as for your fears, that a BANK, which presumably is heavily regulated, is stealing your wife's money because it has not given her the details -- well that is almost paranoid. The top management also wants health insurance and it is not something they are likely to just drop.

You may have read that the property insurance policies for the World Trade Center had not been issued by 9/11 although the insurance was in force. That, you can assume, is the situation here also.

If for any reason the bank does not provide details after a few weeks, then I'd worry. But it seems to me that if it had told you insurance was in effect, and it continued to make deductions, then IT would be liable for medical bills that are incurred as a self-insurer.

Relax. It's better for your health.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">