• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do u think i'll do jail time for shoplifting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

out2btiffanee

What is the name of your state?ms
i was recently caught shoplifting from wal mart in ms. I was caught with 220.oo worth of merchandise. i was arrested and i did not actually have to go to jail, b/c i was post arrested. now i have to go to court and was wondering does anyone know/think i will have to go to jail or will i more likely pay fines. this was my first offense of any criminal record

snostar

Count on having to make restitution, possible additional fines and a probationary period. As long as it is a first offense jail time is unlikely.

zcc6467

georgia

sounds like you are a perfect candidate for some double top secret first offender probation! that is; unless you plan to commit any more crimes during the next few years... try to get the judge to agree to suspend the probation upon payment in full of any restitution, fines, fees, etc.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What the hell is it with criminals and Wal-Mart?

This store is constantly getting "hit" - - and it's just not in the Dufus States. It's everywhere! Does Wal-Mart have "Idiot Magnets"?

IAAL

Just Blue

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

What the hell is it with criminals and Wal-Mart?

This store is constantly getting "hit" - - and it's just not in the Dufus States. It's everywhere! Does Wal-Mart have "Idiot Magnets"?

IAAL

Yes...... ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">