• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do we need a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rachel

My child was in auto accident with 3 other people. Two minors. Large medical bills for two, my child had compression fracture x 2 in back. Unable to fix disc, so bills were small. I was told they base damages by the bills even though my son may have future problems. Do I need a lawyer to help??

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rachel:
My child was in auto accident with 3 other people. Two minors. Large medical bills for two, my child had compression fracture x 2 in back. Unable to fix disc, so bills were small. I was told they base damages by the bills even though my son may have future problems. Do I need a lawyer to help??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you need to hire a personal injury attorney. The medical bills are proven expenses incurred but there are other damages that come into play such as future PT, chiro, MD, surgery etc. Was there X-rays taken and a CT scan MRI etc. You can not settle until you have the total picture ie. present and future problems. If you settle now and you child has medical bills later resulting from this accident, those bills will be your reponsibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">