• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do you agree?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

immiq

The H-1B can be extended indefinitely and the beneficiary can go for any employers once having an approved LC filed more than 365 days. Do you agree?

ImmigAttyLana

The H-1B can continue to be extended, in one-year increments beyond the 6-year maximum, provided a labor certification has been filed on your behalf. As for going to another employer, that is also possible, but the process of the labor certification has to be restarted with each new employer as the labor certification application IS employer and location specific.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of assistance to you in this matter.

immiq

ImmigAttyLana said:
The H-1B can continue to be extended, in one-year increments beyond the 6-year maximum, provided a labor certification has been filed on your behalf. As for going to another employer, that is also possible, but the process of the labor certification has to be restarted with each new employer as the labor certification application IS employer and location specific.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of assistance to you in this matter.
Thank you for the answer. So, it does NOT matter the new LC is started LESS than 365 days with each new employer as long as the beneficiary ever had one LC filed more than 365 days before from any other employer and even no employment relationship exists with that LC sponsoring employer, then the H-1B can continue to be extended from any employer, in one-year increments beyond the 6-year maximumcorrect. Is it correct?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">