• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do you have an answer for this tax problem?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Do you have any suggestions?

Last year I was laid off so I started a very small legitimate business. Of course since it was the first year the loss was $7000. So with this loss the income was about $1000 on line 40. Since there are three of us, the exemptions are $9300. Therefore the tax is zero.
So you see even without the business loss, the tax would still be zero and hence I am losing the use of the business loss to lower my tax.

I have started to have income this year. Is there a way to deffer last years' losses to this year. I remember in a previous we depreciated the office computer over five years.
The expenses were:
Laptop $1955.24
company paid to prepare 3D animations for the business $2,886
External hard drive and other hardware $622.65
Software $200
Computer Tech assistance $360
Office equipment:
Projector $100, Digital Camera $368.04
Legal $500
Internet service $360
Phone bils $300
and other stuff.
[email protected]
Last edited:


Senior Member

I'm saying that I'm not going to waste my $65 per hour time doing your Schedule C over the internet for nothing.

And if that's how you're going to be, find someone else to answer your question.


Junior Member
so since I included my e-mail address, how come you did not send me an e-mail saying that you are snipes and that you would charge me $65/hr, which I have no problem with by the way. So go ahead and send me an e-mail and include a phone number, and we would talk further :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential