• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doc threatens patient

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

12len55

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I went to see a doc about ear infections and my snoring problems. After doing a 2-night sleep study, doc confirms sleep apnea and threatens to report me to DMV to suspend my driver's lic. if I don't accept a noisy, uncomfortable machine for treatment, which has nothing to do with my driving skills. I have a clean driving record and do not fall asleep at the wheel. I feel intimidated, threatened righteously, and do not want this machine which does not work. I want alternative solutions. What can I do.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sure, see another doctor...but the first one will STILL be required to report this to the DMV.

The following site is aimed at "older" drivers, but still contains the pertinent info:

http://www.help4srs.org/legal/driving_older_adults.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">