• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doctor forgot a stitch now leg is infected

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bigdaddifr72

What is the name of your state?michigan
Had surgery in january everything seemed well until.august when I developed a sore att the surgery site upon further inspection I found a stitch I removed now my leg is swollen and red and painful which might require hospitalization what can I do to at least recoup costs

adjusterjack

You, personally, removed the stitch, instead of going to the doctor?

And have you gone to the doctor yet?

You are free to consult a malpractice attorney and review your options.

Though your priority should be taking care of the leg. You get nothing if you let it go and it gets worse.

quincy

What is the name of your state?michigan
Had surgery in january everything seemed well until.august when I developed a sore att the surgery site upon further inspection I found a stitch I removed now my leg is swollen and red and painful which might require hospitalization what can I do to at least recoup costs
What type of sutures did your doctor use? Some stitches or staples are absorbed by the body or they dissolve. Others need to be removed by a doctor.

You should first go to your doctor for an examination of the surgical site (if you haven't already) and a discussion of what happened.

You can speak to an attorney if what your doctor says about the infection leads you to believe it might be the result of negligence on your doctor's part.

The initial consultation with a medical malpractice attorney will often be free.

elenajames

If you believe this is due to the negligence of your doctor then you can consult a personal injury lawyer. They will provide you all the necessary resources which are beneficial for your case.

It might also occur due to the surgical infection which is not your Doctor's fault so firstly go for a detailed medical examination and find the reason behind your condition.

quincy

If you believe this is due to the negligence of your doctor then you can consult a personal injury lawyer. They will provide you all the necessary resources which are beneficial for your case.

It might also occur due to the surgical infection which is not your Doctor's fault so firstly go for a detailed medical examination and find the reason behind your condition.
elana, your post was reported so administrators of this site can contact you to verify your credentials. This is standard for anyone on this forum who states they are a lawyer.

Your post should be returned to the thread soon.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
elana, your post was reported so administrators of this site can contact you to verify your credentials. This is standard for anyone on this forum who states they are a lawyer.
Where did she state she was an attorney (unless her post was edited)?

anithadixon

Did you remove stitches on your own? You must have consulted a doctor. It's not too late to take proper medication consult a doctor and take care.

quincy

Did you remove stitches on your own? You must have consulted a doctor. It's not too late to take proper medication consult a doctor and take care.
Bigdaddifr72 said he removed one of the stitches himself and his leg subsequently became infected. But Bugdaddifr72 has not returned to the forum since the day he first posted last month to respond to the questions asked of him.

I agree that he needs to have his infected leg looked at by a doctor. Hopefully he has done that by now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">