• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

doctor made a mess of my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


upset dad

My 15 year old son had knee surgery last month to replace a tendon under his knee cap
last night we rushed him to the hospital because he had a high fever.
the doctor remover the tendon and said he felt terrible but these things do happen.
I have blue cross child health plus which only covers outpatient not overnight stays.
Now he has to be in the hospital until the infection goes away.
1 is the doc responcilbe( meaning he screwed up?)
2 he suggested doing the sergery all over again in the future????????????
3 now my son is back where he started needing a knee brace and no sports
4 I've never taken legal action before but the pain this poor child has ben through??
5 I live in New York and I really need advise.
6 what do I do if they try to make me pay for this disaster?
Please let me know how much extra info you need and I will supply it
one very upset Dad



sorry I'm from New York. that might be important from a legal point of view
( i used upset dad cause I forgot my name)
guess i'm a little confused


Maybe you have a claim. Maybe you don't. Go see a New York attorney who handles medical malpractice matters

Donna Evans

To Upset Dad,
Please see an attorney IMMEDIATELY, please email me at [email protected] I also am in NY, and a Dr. made a crippled out of me, can
never work againever, have multiple injuries
froman ove zealous Dr.please email me I can tell you more about this, this is all too common especially in N.Y. Remember there is a statue of limitations!! Donna


Dear Upset Dad;

First, let me say that I am sorry for the physical pain and anguish your son is suffering, and the possible emotional distress and guilt you probably feel.

You haven't given quite enough details for me to make a recommendation, but it sounds pretty extensive and complicated. I do some legal nurse consulting locally and would like to help you. First I would need more specific information, i.e., what were your sons symptoms prior to surgery? How long has it been since the surgery? Exactly what procedure was performed? Etc., etc., etc.

Feel free to contact me by e-mail at <[email protected]> if you are interested in a professional nursing view. I will keep you and your son in my prayers.



Hi en,

I, too, am truly sorry to hear about your son's medical mishap. Hopefully with him being as young as he is, that will increased his chance to have a full recovery.

I'm writing to just pass along some information about a couple of web sites that you might want to look at before you hire an attorney. They have some very useful information on selecting an attorney. One site is https://attorneypages.com. Availing yourself of the information they contain may help you avoid some of the pitfalls you suffered as a result of the doctor you selected.

I wish your son a speedy recovery,

Virginia Lathan,

Virginia A. Lathan, author of The Deposition Handbook and Preventing Sexual Harassment

[This message has been edited by MikeS (edited October 20, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential