• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doctors note required?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

10stanbr

What is the name of your state? Hey there. Asking from the lovely state of Minnesota. I'll try to explain this to the best of my ability.
So the company I work for is contracted out by a big supermarket of sorts. So basically they hired our company to sell a specific product in their store. I in no way directly report to the supermarket and they are not in any way my employer. So here's the scenario. I'm currently 21 weeks pregnant. I'm a high risk pregnancy and I've already been experiencing braxton hicks like crazy, which my employer is aware of. So there happens to be a super high up corporate person from the supermarket wandering the store today and she flipped out at me for sitting down. When I tried explaining the braxton hicks she then said that I needed to provide the store with a doctors note, something my own employer hasn't even asked for. So i guess the question is, do I have to provide the supermarket with my doctors notes and such? Does she even have the ri

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Hey there. Asking from the lovely state of Minnesota. I'll try to explain this to the best of my ability.
So the company I work for is contracted out by a big supermarket of sorts. So basically they hired our company to sell a specific product in their store. I in no way directly report to the supermarket and they are not in any way my employer. So here's the scenario. I'm currently 21 weeks pregnant. I'm a high risk pregnancy and I've already been experiencing braxton hicks like crazy, which my employer is aware of. So there happens to be a super high up corporate person from the supermarket wandering the store today and she flipped out at me for sitting down. When I tried explaining the braxton hicks she then said that I needed to provide the store with a doctors note, something my own employer hasn't even asked for. So i guess the question is, do I have to provide the supermarket with my doctors notes and such? Does she even have the ri
Perhaps the high up corporate person did not realize that you are not their employee. I think that you should report this contact to your actual employer and see what they want to do about it.

PayrollHRGuy

Let me explain how this could work out if you don't provide the note.

The client complains to your employer or simply hires a new company to hand out samples.

You should contact your employer and let them know about this. They may want to contact their client before this gets to that point. You should also ask your employer if they want you to provide the client with such a note.

Remember, you are in a building that the client controls. They have several reasons to know what your restrictions are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">