• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does an article 112a show up on a civilian background check?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wontonsup

What is the name of your state? CA

Hello everybody, I was discharged for drug use and received a general under honorable discharge. I've done background checks for a few jobs and nothing has ever popped back up. I'm still anxious because I know I did something negative and take full responsibility, but is this type of stuff a in house thing? Or would this show up on a more extensive background check for example like law enforcement, government?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state? CA

Hello everybody, I was discharged for drug use and received a general under honorable discharge. I've done background checks for a few jobs and nothing has ever popped back up. I'm still anxious because I know I did something negative and take full responsibility, but is this type of stuff a in house thing? Or would this show up on a more extensive background check for example like law enforcement, government?
There are SO many types of background checks that an employer could do that it's impossible for us to guess if your discharge for drug use would show up for a non-government job. However, as LEO and gov't jobs tend to have more thorough background checks, it's quite likely that they'll find out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">