• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does an ethical conflict exist in my plan? is it possible to pay fee w/pickup/labor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thingvold

having discovered absent free legal assistance for property law needs sauch as my own I have determined that signage asking counselors to provide services -and i'm told the consult alone costs 200$ at the least-in exchange for my own, I am a handyman, or to consider my pickup as a measure of the last resort.

5k is it's approx. value; perhaps I can come away w/verhicle of far lesser worth as do those filing chapter 7 bankruptcy whose car is quite valuable?
or perhaps a lein of some sort against the truck, a plan to pay the attorney back in monthly installments?

my wife and I seem quite addicted to murder detective documentaries. a hanful of the many, many, we've seen are stories of the innocent, wrongly convicted.

exculpatory evidence has them free men and women once more from the generous gift of attorneys at the innocence project. this clearly shows that counselors who place their commitment to seeing justice is done alone above all else, to the point that they are willing to commit an unimaginable amount of tedious, hard work with no expectation of pay.

truly fine human beings, they. if but 1 attorney with this character sees the signage, perhaps they will obtain, in a receptacle like we see on a listed property, my prepared explanation of what my legal needs are.

perhaps then I may have a 30 minute free consult. there are 7 other property owners affected in the matter im to discuss, they can perhaps pool resources. this effort is my contribution.

this must seem a bit loopy unless you see the courthouse records entrance, the only one now in use due to an earthquake and it's close proximity to the sidewalk it may take on some semblance of feasibility.

I must continue preparing the signage, which will be affixed to our suv. my pickup now occupies the parking space directly in front of that entrance. 2 hour parking begins at 8. at 10 the pickup is out of it my bid in signage, on presentation materials from office depot not card board, unobtrusively and attractively displayed as possible.

I must return now to neatly printing my signage. my phrasing shall berift of any name or place that may create a problem for me. i'll check back in later, I ask all PLEASE understand how severe the absence of cash on hand is for us w/ this instead of hustling up work-my normal pursuit-as the days only activity. were our hot water tank to break down we could not pay the 400 or so for another to save our lives-without criminal methods, a this nonexistent in what we are able to consider.

btw is it ok to place my contact infoo in my profile here? and are attatched pics possible? that's likely a dumb ?. I gotta check tho, just in case.

and the case? yeah, it's that important. thanks y'all are champs.

Last edited:

quincy

having discovered absent free legal assistance for property law needs sauch as my own I have determined that signage asking counselors to provide services -and i'm told the consult alone costs 200$ at the least-in exchange for my own, I am a handyman, or to consider my pickup as a measure of the last resort.

5k is it's approx. value; perhaps I can come away w/verhicle of far lesser worth as do those filing chapter 7 bankruptcy whose car is quite valuable?
or perhaps a lein of some sort against the truck, a plan to pay the attorney back in monthly installments?

my wife and I seem quite addicted to murder detective documentaries. a hanful of the many, many, we've seen are stories of the innocent, wrongly convicted.

exculpatory evidence has them free men and women once more from the generous gift of attorneys at the innocence project. this clearly shows that counselors who place their commitment to seeing justice is done alone above all else, to the point that they are willing to commit an unimaginable amount of tedious, hard work with no expectation of pay.

truly fine human beings, they. if but 1 attorney with this character sees the signage, perhaps they will obtain, in a receptacle like we see on a listed property, my prepared explanation of what my legal needs are.

this must seem a bit loopy unless you see the courthouse records entrance, the only one now in use due to an earthquake and it's close proximity to the sidewalk it may take on some semblance of feasibility.

I must continue preparing the signage, which will be affixed to our suv. my pickup now occupies the parking space directly in front of that entrance. 2 hour parking begins at 8. at 10 the pickup is out of it my bid in signage, on presentation materials from office depot not card board, unobtrusively and attractively displayed as possible.

I must return now to neatly printing my signage. my phrasing shall berift of any name or place that may create a problem for me. i'll check back in later, I ask all PLEASE understand how severe the absence of cash on hand is for us w/ this instead of hustling up work-my normal pursuit-as the days only activity.

I think you should have probably added this to your other thread, thingvold, so your post would have the necessary context.

There are attorneys who will work out payment plans with their clients. I imagine there might be an attorney or two somewhere who might consider trading their services for labor or even a pickup truck, and there are attorneys who offer their services for free if they think the case and cause is a good one (call large law firms and ask about their pro bono programs).

There is nothing unethical, in other words, about an attorney making payment arrangements with a client. A contract can be drafted to meet the needs of both attorney and client and, if both agree to the terms, the contract is as legally binding as any "typical" attorney/client contract. I suppose any out-of-the-ordinary agreement will depend on the attorney and the client and what drives each of them to do what they do.

I understand from your other thread that you have court tomorrow. Good luck.

And here for your wife is a suicide hotline web link and phone number, if she starts to feel suicidal again: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org or 1-800-273-8255.

Last edited:

Eekamouse

perhaps then I may have a 30 minute free consult. there are 7 other property owners affected in the matter im to discuss, they can perhaps pool resources. this effort is my contribution.

I must return now to neatly printing my signage. my phrasing shall berift of any name or place that may create a problem for me. i'll check back in later, I ask all PLEASE understand how severe the absence of cash on hand is for us w/ this instead of hustling up work-my normal pursuit-as the days only activity. were our hot water tank to break down we could not pay the 400 or so for another to save our lives-without criminal methods, a this nonexistent in what we are able to consider.

btw is it ok to place my contact infoo in my profile here? and are attatched pics possible? that's likely a dumb ?. I gotta check tho, just in case.

Did the poster Totalwreck get married? That's who this dude reminds me of.

quincy

Did the poster Totalwreck get married? That's who this dude reminds me of.
There are some similarities. ;)

That said, I can understand the frustration of those who believe they have been legally wronged but who cannot right that wrong through our justice system due to a lack of funds.

Although some state courts have been making it easier for people to represent themselves by providing "self-help" information online and offering self-help or free-help legal clinics, the fact is that the law is just too complex for many people to grasp well enough to do well for themselves in court. It is beyond their capabilities, and understandably so.

I sort of like the idea of a barter system. Unfortunately, bartering for an attorney's service does not help the attorney pay off his student loans, which can easily exceed a quarter of a million dollars. Trading services for fresh-grown produce, on the other hand, could help feed the attorney's family. And who couldn't use a pickup truck? :)

Silverplum

...That said, I can understand the frustration of those who believe they have been legally wronged but who cannot right that wrong through our justice system due to a lack of funds.

Although some state courts have been making it easier for people to represent themselves by providing "self-help" information online and offering self-help or free-help legal clinics, the fact is that the law is just too complex for many people to grasp well enough to do well for themselves in court. It is beyond their capabilities, and understandably so.
I most vigorously agree. I feel very sad for this poster.

People shouldn't feel badly about not understanding all of the processes and procedures of the law. I don't know everything about the law, plumbing, or engines. I do know a little bit about the law, a lot -- but not everything -- about my profession, a lot about cooking and baking the foods that my family prefers, and nothing about cooking liver. ;) :cool:

I'm positive that every poster here has some skill or talent that I do not have. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">