• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does anyone know of a lawyer on the man's side?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mr spock

I have a breif description of my sitiation below.We have several things and people to prove she is living with her boyfriend.Which she denies him living there,doing her best to skirt the law. We were also trying to get more proof by having him served at her address. But our lawyer against our wishes called her lawyer informed them we are serving him and tried serving him at the wrong address. How do I get a smart attorney who will help us before we go under?

I live in Florida. My Husband was married to his ex for 20 years. In his divorce she recieved the lion share of everything plus he had to pay her lawyer.He had a judge that was new to divorce cases. Plus she froze the assets so he did not have much to get a good attorney.The short of it, he was messed over terrable.Instead of going off what he made at the time of the divorce the judge went off his best year in sales ending up with a $2800 alimony payment a month. (she works fulltime and makes more than me)4 yrs later he had problems with work and now has an even lower paid job. The state has been taking 90% of his pay check which I find quite wrong. My husband and I have been finding it hard to support our children and our home with both of our checks. While she has no children living with her and has been living with a man (her boyfriend)for 1 1/2 yrs. in the lap of luxury. We are trying to go back to court for redused or termination of this jail sentence. But unfortunatley it has taken so far 10 months. Our lawyer says there is no case law on the Siplin bill so he does not think we will get termination awarded. What good is the law then?

LdiJ

mr spock said:
I have a breif description of my sitiation below.We have several things and people to prove she is living with her boyfriend.Which she denies him living there,doing her best to skirt the law. We were also trying to get more proof by having him served at her address. But our lawyer against our wishes called her lawyer informed them we are serving him and tried serving him at the wrong address. How do I get a smart attorney who will help us before we go under?

I live in Florida. My Husband was married to his ex for 20 years. In his divorce she recieved the lion share of everything plus he had to pay her lawyer.He had a judge that was new to divorce cases. Plus she froze the assets so he did not have much to get a good attorney.The short of it, he was messed over terrable.Instead of going off what he made at the time of the divorce the judge went off his best year in sales ending up with a $2800 alimony payment a month. (she works fulltime and makes more than me)4 yrs later he had problems with work and now has an even lower paid job. The state has been taking 90% of his pay check which I find quite wrong. My husband and I have been finding it hard to support our children and our home with both of our checks. While she has no children living with her and has been living with a man (her boyfriend)for 1 1/2 yrs. in the lap of luxury. We are trying to go back to court for redused or termination of this jail sentence. But unfortunatley it has taken so far 10 months. Our lawyer says there is no case law on the Siplin bill so he does not think we will get termination awarded. What good is the law then?
Is this a case where the agreement made no reference regarding co-habitation?...and on top of that your husband is having difficulty proving co-habitation anyway? Any chance that your husband's reduction in income could be defined as "voluntary"?

In any case, it sounds to me like your husband should at least consult with a couple of other attorneys to make sure that his attorney is giving him correct advice.

mr spock

It was a standered alimony form.Termination because of cohabitation is a law now. My husbands reduction in income was not voluntary, we have proof that it was not, but of course she has tried for that.I know we need to seek other Lawyers opinons but it is difficult to find a good one.Any opinion on who might be a good Lawyer in this type of case would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">