• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does appeal kill chance at traffic school?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pugilist

Does appeal kill traffic school? Also, spousal privilege.

What is the name of your state? CA

A. Traffic school: If you fight your case and lose, and then are granted traffic school, do you lose the TS if you appeal the case (and lose the appeal)?

If your answer is that you retain the ability to go to TS, that leads to two more questions:

1. How do you keep the point from going on your record during the many months it takes to do an appeal?

2. WHEN would you do the traffic school - after the denial of the appeal, or would you need to do it right after the original trial?

B. Spousal privilege. (This question added on 9-26-05.) If a husband has been sent a red light camera ticket in his name (in CA 'identity' of the driver matters) but it is his wife in the face photo on the ticket and the judge is pressing him to identify the woman pictured, how would he go about exerting spousal privilege without tipping-off the officer (also present) as to the identity of the woman pictured? (If he says "spousal privilege" in front of the officer, the officer will look up the wife in his computer and send the ticket to her.)

Pug

Last edited:

Pugilist

Does appeal kill traffic school? Also, spousal privilege.

I added a second question to my original post. I hope someone knows the answers.

Pug

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">