• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Arkansas have SISP monitors or just GPS monitors? and what is the difference in the 2?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

SISP is not a type of monitor. It is a supervision program for parolees in Texas (Super Intensive Supervision Program).

The two most common types of monitors are radio frequency monitors (RF monitors) and global positioning monitors (GPS monitors). They are both used to track the locations of probationers and parolees.

Here is a link to the US Courts that describe the types of monitors (see Part D) and the reasons for monitoring:

http://www.uscourts.gov/services-forms/location-monitoring-probation-supervised-release-conditions

Why are you asking? Do you know someone about to be released from jail or prison on a monitor?

Last edited:

ksmith2

SISP is not a type of monitor. It is a supervision program for parolees in Texas (Super Intensive Supervision Program).

The two most common types of monitors are radio frequency monitors (RF monitors) and global positioning monitors (GPS monitors). They are both used to track the locations of probationers and parolees.

Here is a link to the US Courts that describe the types of monitors (see Part D) and the reasons for monitoring:

http://www.uscourts.gov/services-forms/location-monitoring-probation-supervised-release-conditions

Why are you asking? Do you know someone about to be released from jail or prison on a monitor?
Yes I know someone going to be released on SISP and I am trying to figure out if when he gets out can he go home with me or not due to that program. If Arkansas has that program then they might let him be transferred but if they don't I thought they would not let him go

quincy

Yes I know someone going to be released on SISP and I am trying to figure out if when he gets out can he go home with me or not due to that program. If Arkansas has that program then they might let him be transferred but if they don't I thought they would not let him go
Arkansas does not have the SISP. Because the Texas program is for the most serious offenders and close monitoring of movement and location is a condition of release, I think it doubtful that the person you know will be transferred to Arkansas.

xylene

An offender can "graduate" from SISP... but the steps take time. Like 18 months minimum, but more like 3 years realistically. It is all in the SISP rules and guideline, which I suggest you and particularly the released offender read carefully and reread periodically.

ksmith2

Arkansas does not have the SISP. Because the Texas program is for the most serious offenders and close monitoring of movement and location is a condition of release, I think it doubtful that the person you know will be transferred to Arkansas.
They have already told him he can do an interstate transfer. Cause we family have there for support. Thanks for the comments though.

Just Blue

They have already told him he can do an interstate transfer. Cause we family have there for support. Thanks for the comments though.
At 12:30 a.m. this morning you said: "I am trying to figure out if when he get out he can home to me or not due to that program."

But he has already been given permission? Has Arkansas agreed to supervise?

quincy

I am surprised.

The person you know will receive the terms and conditions of his parole prior to release and he will be learn what sort of monitoring he will be under. The type of monitor and how it works and instructions on use will be described to him. He will have to sign a form acknowledging that he has been informed.

Arkansas will not yet be involved.

Perhaps you do not know all that is going on?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">