• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does front view dashcam videos help a rear tap case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

I know how you feel. I had my first ever at fault accident in 2010 when I backed out of a parking space and clipped a woman's fender. $1300 worth of damage to her car and 3 years worth of surcharges.

bcr229

I'd suggest practicing backing in to parking spots or parking where you can pull through so that you go forward to exit the parking spot. Backing into the spot is typically safer since you're not backing into traffic; nothing should be in the spot. When you leave you're pulling forward out of the spot, so it's easy to see other drivers close to you.

At one of my prior jobs backing into the parking spots (combat parking) was mandatory. I did it for four years and I got very good at it, and now it's an ingrained habit.

PAPP

Thank you for your reply, adjusterjack and bcr229.
I was so ready to pay for the scratches. When I asked my SO if I should contact her, he said "no news is good news. Forget about it." I took his advice.:whistle:

Aaaawww, I hope I have guts to do backing into the parking spots. I actually do backing into my apartment parking spot. I figured out exactly where I should stop before backing into my parking spot. I'm comfortable doing it in my apartment garage, but I'm not comfortable doing it anywhere else. I should practice it!

PAPP

Sorry to bother you again, but my nosy son checked what I wrote here and pointed out I didn't understand what adjusterjack and bcr229 wrote correctly. I wrote my last post late at night and clearly my brain didn't function well.

I appreciate that adjusterjack understands my feelings after an accident. Not everyone understood my anxieties and I actually received comments like you worried too much. I really appreciate that adjusterjack understands it!

I appreciate it bcr229's advice about parking. I'm so for parking where I can pull through. I actually exercise it whenever I can. I wonder why not many people do it in the parking lots. :) At the moment, I don't have guts to do combat parking except my apartment parking spot, but I should gain skills to do it anywhere. My mind set was fixed to avoid doing what I couldn't do, but I realized I should gain skills to feel comfortable driving a car. I'll practice it and I hope I will be able to do combat parking like bcr229 soon!

Thank you again for giving me good suggestions! Also thank you for putting up with my nosy son and me.

bcr229

Tip: when you practice backing into a parking spot, find three empty spots in a row and back into the middle one.

PAPP

Thank you for giving me the tip, bcr229. I'm going to start doing combat parking in a remote area in various parking lots. Look for three empty spots in a row! :)

I don't think so your front Dashcam help you with this. But you can also make a try to show your dashcam video maybe it helps you.

PAPP

Thank you for your reply, Lawyer9696, Zigner and HighwayMan. I learned a lesson a front view dashcam only proved a front view. :) I'm thinking about installing a rear view dashcam and a backup camera. When I installed the front view dashcam, I thought about installing a rear view one, too, but my car only has one cigarette lighter for a battery source. If I wanted to install both of them, I had to have someone install an extra battery source. I just moved and I didn't know anyone local. I was not comfortable picking a mechanic solely relying on the Internet search. Now, I can ask several local friends to get a mechanic recommendation, so I can do it!

PAPP

Thank you for your reply, HighwayMan. Wow, I didn't know there was a splitter! You help me to save a couple of hundred dollars to hire someone.:D Not only the money, you help me to shorten the time to install a dashcam. I'll go to a store to buy a splitter tomorrow. Thank you again for giving me a good suggestion!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">