• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does He have ANY rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? South Carolina
My sister is going through a divorce and has two children. Her son which is the oldest is not her husbands child and he is aware of this. The child was 1 years old when my sis and husband meet. After they got married she decided to give the child her husbands last name. They went and changed the birth certifacate at DSS but it was not a legal adoption. Now he wants custody of her son. The judge gave them temorary joint custody. And the judge has made my sis stay within the county which is dangerous for her and the children.How can this be? He is not a biological parent. Is there anyway to help her get full custody of her son and for him not to get any legal rights or visitations to him? Also, can she have his name taken off the birth certifacate so it will be the way it was at his birth? The county in which she has to reside in at this time- she has no family members there. The closest family to her is me and I am 95 miles away. I plan to move to Florida within the next year to be closer to my mother. My sis wants to move with me and take both of the children. Is there anyway for her to do this? Any help or advice from anyone?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential