• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does landlord owe me a new toilet?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

I'm confused to as what this forum is for. I'm not looking for people to tell me if I'm being neurotic, petty, or selfish towards "bigger problems in the world." I'm looking to see if I have legal rights to have my toilet replaced to what it was before it was damaged by maintenance (who admitted they did the damage).
And you were given those answers...consider the rest life lessons that you appear to desperately need. And you got it all for free, from kind people that volunteer their time here. You're welcome.

adjusterjack

I'm looking to see if I have legal rights to have my toilet replaced to what it was before it was damaged by maintenance (who admitted they did the damage).
I believe that question was already answered but I'll summarize it.

No. You have no legal right to a new toilet.

If you don't like the way it looks, try the pumice stone. If that doesn't take out the black marks you can by a porcelain repair kit from Home Depot:

https://www.homedepot.com/s/porcelain%20repair%20kit?NCNI-5

That stuff is basically a waterproof epoxy that dries white or close to white so it won't look black anymore. Then you can see about negotiating a new toilet when your lease renews if you decide to stay.

FarmerJ

If L _ _ _ away doesnt remove the marks then try the DARK blue L _ _ _ l bowl cleaner ( get as much water out of the bowl as you can first so it can sit on the marks for a while, ive had good results with both products removing MAR type marks BUT your LL is not obligated to replace the toilet until it no longer works at all ( or something like say a earth quake makes the bowl break say at the bolts .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">