• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does she have a case? Montgomery county PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jbielawski

Im in a mess of a break up with an ex who lies and makes up stories . she was able to get a pfa approved on me after my lawyer made us late returning to court so the judge ruled in my ex's favour. A year later and I'm facing 2 criminal and 1 civil pfa violation from my ex. The two criminal cases were left open for 90 days and will be dropped if i stay out of trouble. They didnt have much to prosecute with since she lied about the one and the other won't look good for my ex because of the constant back and forth on social media. Not sure but I don't think they are trying to proceed against me for these first two since this newest case is civil. She just filed the civil case on me saying I showed up to her wedding personally and served her custody modification papers.

I was no where near her wedding, I was home all day. my roommate was the one who dropped them off. I had no idea the courts would send the papers to her because of the pfa l, so wasn't supposed to serve them. It was all worked out prior to actually filing everything the day before. Never saw him that night to tell him the plans changed and he dropped them off anyway. He gave them to a mutual friends boyfriend at the door . he gave it to my mother in law who held on to it for a few days before showing it to her. Her wedding was Feb 2, she filed this report march 5 because the modification hearing we had last week didnt go her way. She claims I dropped them off personally and she stated she wants me to be fined, held in contempt for the other two and put in anger management . does she have a case and should I be worried about the other 2 cases being reactivated ?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Presumably, your PFA bars contact through a third party - i.e. your friend. So yeah, you may be in some trouble. As for the back & forth on social media? Is it a mutual order? Or are only you restricted from contacting her?

(and honestly? Serving someone by any method on their wedding day is rather sleazy.)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Third-party service of documents relating to a court hearing, particularly one involving their mutual children, wouldn't likely be seen as a violation of the PFA. I absolutely do agree that serving someone on their wedding day is rather sleazy.

Jbielawski

Presumably, your PFA bars contact through a third party - i.e. your friend. So yeah, you may be in some trouble. As for the back & forth on social media? Is it a mutual order? Or are only you restricted from contacting her?

(and honestly? Serving someone by any method on their wedding day is rather sleazy.)
We have 3rd party contact thru her mom and her aunt so i can attempt to stay in touch with my kid. The judge told both of us to leave eachother alone but i have been antagonized by her, her husband, her new group of friends and her family in real life and on social media. Shes made so many attempts to make police reports this past year i've lost count and no exaggeration, i have like 2000 screenshots of the ongoing drama between us.

I agree on it being sleazy but that was the point and it was well deserved. I was cheated on , used to cosign on a car which she never pays on time, left in major debt, which she is mainly responsible for, served custody papers christmas eve and worst of all shes been using my daughter as a a way to get to me since we broke up

We broke up last year and since the first day she has been limiting my contact, keeping all relevant information regarding my daughter (school,health,etc) from me. She is making it extremely difficult to be a part of my kids life. I can't even get a phone call before bed to say goodnight on a regular basis. She is as spiteful as they come and gets away with it by hiding behind the pfa she lied to get

she applied for the pfa a day after I agreed to everything she wanted at the support mediation. i had recently found out every night she was leaving my kid 3 miles away with her dad without letting him know. She was then running back to the boyfriends place who lived 2 blocks away but refused to let me have my kid. She knew i was getting proof of it all but didnt know how so she accused me of stalking her and got a pfa. I learned all this from her friends, and my main source of info is now her sister in law ctfu . she knows all this now yet still tells everyone I stalked her and plays the victim role very well. This women is so spiteful she cut her own dad off because he didnt approve of her cheating and didnt like the new boyfriend. she eventually disowned him because he was coming to my house to see his grand daughter and for her birthday he took the both of us out for breakfast . I could write a book on the crap shes pulled the past year but I think I covered the basics.
Also I'm sure you hear it all the time but I'm innocent of her accusations. I'm a good father and a decent human being. I work hard, im respectful to others and don't believe in hitting women. I don't deny that I can be an asshole. In fact I'm quite adept at it but it takes a hell of a lot to get me to that point

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">