• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does the police do investigation after filing a report and how long it takes ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mo1845

What is the name of your state? IL.
I filed a report at police department against a guy been recommended by my friend he knows him, he have a
dealer account with iaai, it’s online car auction and he told me he bid for cars for $250 fee for each car. I started send him cars to bid on it every while with maximum biding amount until he notified me 3 weeks ago one of the cars win the bid for $9000 , I asked for auction bill , he said the auction doesn’t provide any bills . I transferred the money for him with auction fee then after a while I found out by one of the websites the final bid for the car was $6750 . I called him and asked to pay me back $2250 or I’m gonna sue you. He refused to pay back and told me do whatever you want I’m not paying you any money back . I have all the text messages between us which prove that.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What is the name of your state? IL.
I filed a report at police department against a guy been recommended by my friend he knows him, he have a
dealer account with iaai, it’s online car auction and he told me he bid for cars for $250 fee for each car. I started send him cars to bid on it every while with maximum biding amount until he notified me 3 weeks ago one of the cars win the bid for $9000 , I asked for auction bill , he said the auction doesn’t provide any bills . I transferred the money for him with auction fee then after a while I found out by one of the websites the final bid for the car was $6750 . I called him and asked to pay me back $2250 or I’m gonna sue you. He refused to pay back and told me do whatever you want I’m not paying you any money back . I have all the text messages between us which prove that.
The police are unlikely to do anything about this. Your best recourse is to sue him in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">