• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does this smell like bullshit to you!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WhatNow1980

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I recently been in an accident so I was out of work for 6 days. Doing the time I was out a supervisor on another shift was talking about me. Saying things like "WHY is he not back to work yet" and "I don't understand his problem!" Put him on 2nd shift that'll set him straight. And if he doesn't take that position he won't be able to work at another site and loose his security clearance! All of this because she had to do her job and find someone to cover my shift! So she told my supervisor to put me on another shift. But my supervisors already knew what that I had a another job and couldn't change shifts. My co-workers heard her talking about me and informed me of what she was saying! When I told the program manager he admitted that he told her she shouldn't be talking about me in front of my co-workers! And I recorded the conversation when he said that! But still wouldn't let me stay on my set shift. So I didn't take the position!
What now!

justalayman

If you are covered by fmla you have recourse. If you aren’t, you don’t

Requirements to be covered under fmla

Worked for employer more than 12 months (doesn’t have to be continuous time)

Worked at least 1250 hours in the last 12 months

Employer has at least 50 employees within 75 mile radius of your work site.

commentator

Bull..... maybe, Illegal bull........, Likely not. In other words, absent a union contract, they can do this to you, in most cases. You were not on a Worker's Comp injury absence, were you? How about the fmla questions inquired about above? Otherwise, the employer can pretty much do whatever they want to do to you, including change your shift without notice or just because they want to. So you have quit the job by refusing this position, right? Well, file for unemployment benefits, which you don't have a great chance for, but it always is a good idea to file for. If either of these two conditions, FMLA or Worker's Comp was a factor in your situation, the rearrangement of your job shifts, you may want to run everything by an attorney, but that would be all it might be good for.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What now? Now you answer JAL's questions.

If ALL of the criteria he lists are true, you may have some recourse. If even one of them is not, then no one has done anything illegal and you're on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">