• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does waiver of Inspection also waive Form 17?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leathernecknw

In Washington State we use a Form 17 - Real Property Transfer Disclosure Statement. Basically, it's a seller's disclosure of known facts about the property. I have a buyer purchasing a house from me who waived his inspection. My question is, does waiving his right to an inspection also waive his right to receive and/or rescind based on the Form 17?

leathernecknw said:
In Washington State we use a Form 17 - Real Property Transfer Disclosure Statement. Basically, it's a seller's disclosure of known facts about the property. I have a buyer purchasing a house from me who waived his inspection. My question is, does waiving his right to an inspection also waive his right to receive and/or rescind based on the Form 17?
You are still required to disclose EVERYTHING clearly. He is still allowed to cancel based on your disclosure. Even if he is waiving inspections and buying the house as-is.

HomeGuru

leathernecknw said:

**A: of course not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">