• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog bite after trespass fla.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joeschmo

What is the name of your state? florida

my dog recently bit a 9 year old on the hand requiring stitches. the child was seen on my property by me right before it happened then he ran off and i didn't know why. his father came banging on the door saying my dog bit his child. the child then went to the emergency room to get stitches. several neighbors told me he was messing around my gate, in my front yard, that is posted beware of dog. they heard a dog yelp then the kid ran off. the neighbors also said my dog never left my backyard. everything was reported to animal contol and my coonhound mix is on a 10 day quarantine although she has had all her shots. the child told his dad in a rehearsed way that he was off my property and my dog broke out of my yard to attack him. 4 people who were there say otherwise. i checked online about the law in fla. and it says that if trespassing was involved i'm not liable. this seems to be the case but noone in the neighborhood can convince him his son is lying. i believe he will sue. what do i do? how do cases like this play out? thanks in advance for any input....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">