• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog bite and scarring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammy8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I was attacked/bit by my neighbor's Rottweiler last week. I had taken my dogs out into into my fenced in backyard at 11PM and the roti had dug out from under her fence and gotten in our fence/yard. My Beagle ended up with a badly torn ear requiring minor surgery and about 7 stitches in her ear. I ended up ER with bite marks to both my arms, puncture wounds to my fingers and a quarter size tear on my shoulder. I also had an allergic reaction to one of the antibodix causing extremely bad rash on arms and neck.

Neighbors have asked for my medical bills and I told them once the vet cleared my Beagle I would get those together. I feel sure my health carrier will request reimbursement for ER visit (which I totally expected to have to pay back). However my question is about the potential scarring on my arms and shoulder. And sadly possible PTSD counsel (I went outside for the first time last night in the dark)

While I know I will have NO lifelong damages, and my puncture wounds on my hands and arm will heal, there is going to be scarring. How is this usually handled with a homeowner's policy (yep I sell it, but don't know how claims work because I am not an adjuster)?

PS the roti was an unsocialize pregnant female. She is in quantine and will be put down next week.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JustAPal00

First, glad you and your dog are OK! If you have questions, you should talk to a lawyer. The scarring shouldn't be too bad, I was attacked about a year ago by a German Shepherd and my scars are barely noticeable. You can still see them but they've blended in quite a bit. As far as the PTSD, I'm not sure if you can quantify that. If I see a Shepherd unchained, I get a little nervous but that's it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">