• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog bite demand for payment- updated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? MA

Please delete if this is an inappropriate post, but my previous thread was closed.

I originally posted about a "dog bite demand for payment" in October 2016. https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/dog-bite-demand-for-payment.629474/ The last update was at the beginning of this year when a trial was set. I am happy to say that my attorneys were able to settle for $4000. Less than the original $6000 demanded and far less than the $20,000 they were suing for. I imagine after fees and costs they will end up with only a little more than the $1700 I offered to pay towards medical expenses. Best of all, for me, is it isn't anything out of my pocket.

Thank you for everyone who recommended I contact my insurance company. It became an easy process.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">