• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog bite demand for payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PayrollHRGuy

There is no question that you know about the claim now so you need to report it to your carrier NOW.

They may well provide legal representation.

Just a quick update. I have forwarded the information to my insurance company. Each person I speak with rolls their metaphorical eyes at the absurdity of the suit. I was told by one person that they have never seen my company drop someone due to a dog bite claim, so that was reassuring.

In addition to the claim they are also looking into "the issue of improper service given the attorney served your old address with the paperwork." The fact is, I still have not been served at my current address despite the fact I spoke with the attorney's office and gave them my new address. The adjustor said, "At this time, there is nothing to worry about. You have done everything you needed to do and I will ensure everything is handled properly."

So, no real news to report, but some steps have been taken to resolve this.

quincy

Just a quick update. I have forwarded the information to my insurance company. Each person I speak with rolls their metaphorical eyes at the absurdity of the suit. I was told by one person that they have never seen my company drop someone due to a dog bite claim, so that was reassuring.

In addition to the claim they are also looking into "the issue of improper service given the attorney served your old address with the paperwork." The fact is, I still have not been served at my current address despite the fact I spoke with the attorney's office and gave them my new address. The adjustor said, "At this time, there is nothing to worry about. You have done everything you needed to do and I will ensure everything is handled properly."

So, no real news to report, but some steps have been taken to resolve this.
Thanks for the update. At least now you can let someone else handle it all for you. That has to be nice for you.

Just Blue

Just wanted to give an update. My insurance company is now representing me and there is a trial date in 4 months.
Don't post to dead threads ...and you know if you have a question you are supposed to start your own thread not hijack another members thread. You post on that thread was reported to Admin.

quincy

I think you should pay the money because it's your dog mistake. But first, request the kid parents to not take any big action, they may accept your request...
The insurance company is handling it for freeusername. Your advice at this point is not smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">