• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog bite, dog confiscated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRevak

I have a 5yr old. I also have an 80lb English/American Bulldog and a 192lb full blooded English Mastiff and my daughter knows to respect both of them! Despite his appearence my mastiff is really just a very very large puppy dog but even still, she knows to respect his size and the fact that he might not be aware of how small she is. My bully is much more energetic but is also a great dog. I love them both but if either one EVER so much as growled at her they would be gone in a heartbeat...it would break my heart as they are members of our family...but lil one comes first period! Even at 5 we've taught my lil one to be respectful and assertive when around our dogs and any other dog she may encounter. If she doesnt know the dog than she keeps her distance until she's properly introduced. THAT OP is how one teaches their child to be respectful of animals! A dog that bites goes, no questions asked, no reasons needed. You are an idiot for keeping that dog and I hope that in the near future you arent coming on here to post that you need advice on how to handle your court case when your dog bites someone else and you are subsequently sued because the only advice you will recieve would be a whole lot of "I told you so's."!!

:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

RRevak

I am giving even money that the dog is a pit.

Pit Bull owners seem to have completely missed every single headline.

Yes, I know there are perfectly well adjusted pit bull terriers. I have met a couple.

However, a dog that has been bred to herd is no different than one that has been born to fight. You may be able to control the instinct but it will always be there.

I love dogs. I haven't had a house without one in several decades. I have also had a couple put down because they couldn't be trusted around children... my children. Broke my heart. I was there when they were put down because I owed it to them.

I have broken bones without a whimper... and I cried like a baby with a hand caught in a car door when I did it. Good dogs. Dogs I loved. Dogs that were so beloved by the children they bit that those same children HATED me for a month afterward.

Sometimes is sucks to be a responsible dad. But you do it anyway.

It isn't the dogs fault any more than it is a bird's fault that it flies. It is their nature. However, we have a responsibility to human animals first, last and always.

Even if.

Once a dog has bitten a child and achieved what the dog perceives to be a proper response to that action is a time bomb waiting to go off.

Every moment that animal is in your home puts your child's life in danger. 100 stitches are going to seem a bargain compared to the next attack.

And it isn't a matter of if... but only of when.
CY, I am with you on that :p
Hubs owns a pit that he's had since he was a boy and the dog is honestly one of the sweetest dogs I know.:D Lil one likes to climb on him and he just seems to enjoy the attention LOL. But I will totally agree with you in that is a complete rarity for this breed. Its the reason I'm STILL arguing with the hubs that NO we will NOT get another pit in our house! (his lives up north with his parents)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">