• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog bite

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kassie30

I live in N.C. While visiting a friend, her dog bit me on the finger. The dog was fenced in her backyard,Ireached over the fence to pet him. I waited till the next morning to go to the emergency room. It had gat infected overnight.I ended up having emergency surgery that day. My "so-called" friend now will not talk to me or take any calls from me. She has went so far to block my number! Is her homeowners liable??

ALawyer

Could be, depending on the facts -- I am not sure if there is a "every dog gets one bite" approach in NC, but if she knew she had a dangerous dog, she'd be liable (unless you provoked the dog, also knowing it was dangerous) and if she had homeowners/renters insurance it likely would pay the out of pocket costs. This is one to see a lawyer about IF you had serious injuroes or nent scaring. If they take the case, no fee until you recover.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">