• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog Injuries to Face .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

What is the name of your state? N.Y. State

My niece was bitten ( injured ) at a Friend's home .

Injuries included :
Punctured sinus cavity.
Torn lip
I'm not sure what else in the Facial are , but will need Surgery to correct the injuries .

My brother States the " Friends " have homeowners insurance , but don't want him to get the Ins. Co. involved , which he plans on doing anyways .

There were police , Dr's, and animal Control reports .

Does He have a Good case ?

Last edited:

BL

BelizeBreeze said:
There is one very important fact missing.

Care to add it?:D

:eek:
Heck if I know , but My brother did say the medical bills will be high , and from what I found , medical bills can be covered .

I'm not sure about compensation for permanent facial scares , or pain and suffering .

I do See N.Y. is a " 1 bite State " , but I've also read If a dog injures unprovoked , it's considered dangerous .

He said He inquired about this and was looking at 40 - 60 Grand potentially .

That's all he told me , besides they are checking on Shots history , if any exist , and the Injury occured Tues. of this week .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">