• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

doing it myself question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? utah
fileing chap.7 bills are all non priority unsecured, mainly medical and credit card. aprox. 11,000-15,000. both wife and i are on disability. have a mobile home paid for. falls into the guidelines( only worth 5000) personal property also in guidelines. my biggest concern is our car, a 1997 toyota 4-runner blue book aprox. 8,000. this is paid for, and no leins can i keep my car, and is there some special paperwork i have to file? this is the only thing holding me back from fileing thank you in advance rick

Looks like the UT exemption on vehicles is $2500. Are you sure about the value of your vehicle? You want to find the lowest value possible - such as if you had to sell it right now - garage sale price.


Junior Member
what about my car????

i keep posting, and get no anwsers. my wife and have 11000-15000 in unsecured debt. credit cards and medical bills. we are both permanently disabled, and receive disability. i have a 1997 car paid for, and it is worth aprox. 8000. my state (ut) allows 2500. does the diability factor in in regards to keeping our car? this is my only hang-up about filing, i DO NOTwant to loose my car. can someone help me with this? thank you, rick

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential